|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun required to do for six months of the year in 1975?
(a) Build houses.
(b) Make bricks.
(c) Help with the wheat harvest.
(d) Work in the library.
2. Why did Yue Dainyun always dislike Confucianism?
(a) Confucius advocated capitalism.
(b) Confucius taught individualism.
(c) Confucius was a rightist.
(d) Confucius advocated the subjugation of women.
3. Which of Yue Daiyun's family members belonged to the Jinggang Mountain Corps?
(a) Yue Daiyun.
(b) Tang Dan.
(c) Tang Shuang.
(d) Lao Tang.
4. What natural disaster hit China in July of 1976?
(b) A flood.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
5. How did Yue Daiyun accidentally injure Lao Tang?
(a) She tripped him, and he fell.
(b) She and the children injured his back while carrying him.
(c) She dropped him while carrying him.
(d) She hit him with a lamp, not knowing he was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yue Diayun not as happy as the students at the prospect of returning to Beijing from the cadre school?
2. What was the Red Guard?
3. What is the "red and expert way"?
4. What were the "five-same-thing" teachers to do?
5. What two groups did Yue Daiyun believe would restore order to China in 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Lao Tang not left Liang Xiao?
2. Why was Yue Daiyun stunned and unhappy at the new student orientation at the cadre school?
3. What was Lao Tang's initial impression of Jiang Qing?
4. Why was the building of permanent housing the most pressing task when Yue Daiyun's group arrived at Liyuzhou?
5. Why did a smiling photo of Lao Tang get him in trouble?
6. How did the disputes between factions at the university resemble civil war?
7. Why were the department leaders angry with Yue Daiyun when they offered her the opportunity to assist with educational reforms on campus?
8. What astonished Lao Tang more than evidence of Lin Biao's reactionary viewpoint?
9. Why did Yue Daiyun feel optimistic upon her return to Beida in spite of the dismal condition of the campus?
10. Why were members of the intellectual community resentful of Liang Xiao?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)