|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose suspected crimes as an American spy caused Yue Daiyun to be questioned about their friendship?
(a) Lao Gu.
(b) Peng Yuanho.
(c) Gao Zhongyhi.
(d) Robert Winter.
2. Who were the first enemies of the Communists to be punished by being publicly paraded?
(b) Political figures.
3. What term was given to those whose parents were landlords?
(a) "Stinking rich."
(b) "Secret capitalist."
(c) "Alien class element."
4. What is a kang?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A heated sleeping platform.
(d) A sleeping mat.
5. What new family responsibility did Yue Daiyun assume at her mother-in-law's request?
(b) Child care.
(c) Family finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the "triple evils" to be eliminated in 1957?
2. What song did Yue Daiyun's brother use to comfort her while she was being criticized?
3. What effect did the Four Clean-Ups campaign have on Yue Daiyun's thinking?
4. What was Yue Daiyun's first assigned task at the commune in Zhaitang?
5. What did Lao Tang conclude after being criticized himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the newspaper articles during the Four Clean-Ups confuse Yue Daiyun?
2. Why did Yue Daiyun object to Lao Tang's brother's wife?
3. Why weren't the peasants reassured by the harsh treatment of their former landlords?
4. Why was Yue Daiyun to be criticized while on maternity leave?
5. How was Yue Daiyun used during the Four Clean-Ups campaign in 1965?
6. What was the rationale for sending Chinese literature students to work in the mines?
7. Where had the idea of parading enemies come from?
8. Why did Yue Dainyun feel worse on returning from the countryside in 1966 than she had when returning in 1960?
9. What is the "theory of revolutionary inheritance"?
10. What did Yue Daiyun see in Old Uncle that she had never seen among the intellectuals?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)