|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yue Daiyun encouraged about the teachers at the cadre school in Liyuzhou?
(a) They were less arrogant and more willing to learn from their students.
(b) They were older and more stable.
(c) They were more cooperative with one another.
(d) They were better educated.
2. What did Tang Dan want to do for the Jinggang Mountain students?
(a) Fight their final battle with them.
(b) Persuade them to surrender.
(c) Continue to bring food to them.
(d) Help New Beida to overcome them.
3. How was Beida preparing for nuclear war in 1972?
(a) Designing nuclear weapons.
(b) Hiding a nuclear arsenal.
(c) Digging air raid shelters.
(d) Establishing diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union.
4. What was Yue Daiyun's first work assignment in Liyuzhou after their housing was constructed?
(a) Making bricks.
(b) Working as a laundress.
(c) Planting rice.
(d) Cooking for the group.
5. What did Nie Yuanzi claim to believe in but refused to do?
(b) Allow freedom of student speech.
(c) Choose leaders by vote.
(d) Accept the salary of a worker.
6. Who were the "5+ Obedient Sheep?"
(a) Students with poor grades.
(b) Overly obedient students.
(c) Rebellious students.
(d) Students who followed the work team's recommendations.
7. What was Yue Daiyun required to do for six months of the year in 1975?
(a) Make bricks.
(b) Help with the wheat harvest.
(c) Work in the library.
(d) Build houses.
8. How did Yue Daiyun accidentally injure Lao Tang?
(a) She hit him with a lamp, not knowing he was there.
(b) She dropped him while carrying him.
(c) She and the children injured his back while carrying him.
(d) She tripped him, and he fell.
9. What did Lao Tang and Lao Li promise each other to do if they were arrested?
(a) Remain loyal to Communism.
(b) Never reveal their conversations.
(c) Remain loyal to each other.
(d) Never conceal the truth.
10. How were students selected for university admission in 1970?
(a) By examination.
(b) By lottery.
(c) By recommendations from factory or army leaders.
(d) By ability to pay.
11. What effect had the harsh cold of the Dedu county winters had on Tang Dan?
(a) She had developed rheumatism.
(b) She had developed bronchial problems.
(c) She suffered from pneumonia.
(d) Her menstrual periods had stopped.
12. What did Lao Tang's mother send to augment his diet?
(a) Vegetables and fruits.
(b) Fruits and milk.
(c) Sugar and vegetables.
(d) Dried beef and sugar.
13. Where did the "January seizure of Power" in 1967 take place?
(b) Tiananmen Square.
14. What did the famous "32 Cadres and Teachers" poster assert?
(a) That Jinggang Mountain was correct.
(b) That Jinggang Mountain was in error.
(c) That teachers and students must unite.
(d) That Nie Yuanzi was correct.
15. What did the "Reveal Things Thoroughly to the Bottom" Detachment intend to do?
(a) Reveal bourgeois thinking among teachers.
(b) Reveal counter-revolutionary statements in magazines and newspapers.
(c) Investigate the lives of government officials.
(d) Search faculty houses for capitalist possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yue Daiyun disheartened by her first teaching assignment at the cadre school in Liyuzhou?
2. What natural disaster hit China in July of 1976?
3. Why did Zhou Enlai not order the helicopter carrying Lin Biao's co-conspirators shot down?
4. Why were friendship bonds more likely at the cadre school than at Beida?
5. In what area was Tang Shuang gifted?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)