1. According to Chinese legend, why does a baby smile for the first time?
To bid farewell to the goddess guarding it.
2. What does the name "Lao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
3. What is sent out to announce a baby's one-month anniversary?
4. What is the traditional baby gift given by a Chinese maternal grandmother?
A complete layette for the first year.
5. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
6. What interrupted Yue Daiyun's celebration of her son's one-month birthday?
A meeting at which she was to be criticized.
This section contains 5,574 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)