|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were friendship bonds more likely at the cadre school than at Beida?
(a) No one knew another's salary.
(b) There was more time in the relaxed atmosphere.
(c) Competition for positions was secret.
(d) Everyone was on equal footing.
2. Who were the first enemies of the Communists to be punished by being publicly paraded?
(d) Political figures.
3. What unexpected speaker came to the meeting on July 22 during the student struggles?
(a) Mao Anqing.
(b) Tao Zhu.
(c) Jiang Qing.
(d) Chairman Mao.
4. What physical difficulty was brought on for Yue Daiyun and others by the famine in Zhaitang?
5. Who was Ma Mingzhen?
(a) A chemical worker who had been arrested and shot for speaking critically of Lin Biao.
(b) A party leader at Beida.
(c) Lin Biao's mistress.
(d) Lin Liguo's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to "draw a line"?
2. What is a cadre?
3. Who recommended that Tang Shuang apply directly for graduate level study?
4. What was Yue Daiyun's diet during her first months in Liyuzhou?
5. What honorific assignment did Lao Tang receive in 1973?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)