|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yue Daiyun anxious about her children's university admission?
(a) She was afraid their father's membership in Liang Xiao would be held against them.
(b) She was afraid that their work ethic would not get them through.
(c) She was afraid they didn't have enough financial wherewithal.
(d) She was afraid that their educational background was insufficient.
2. What was Yue Daiyun's job during the famine in Zhaitang?
(a) Pitting walnuts.
(b) Caring for pigs.
(c) Grinding corncobs to make flour.
(d) Collecting apricot pits for oil.
3. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
(a) She became ill and spent the time recuperating.
(b) She had to face charges and criticism at home.
(c) Her students were openly hostile to her.
(d) Her baby didn't remember her, and she was a stranger on campus.
4. Why was Yue Daiyun able to save money during her months in Liyuzhou?
(a) She was a good money manager.
(b) She received retroactive pay.
(c) She earned her regular salary, but was not allowed to spend it.
(d) There was nothing available to buy.
5. How does the bride approach her husband's home in Chinese tradition?
(a) She walks alone.
(b) She walks with her relatives.
(c) She walks with her groom.
(d) She is carried there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
2. Why was Tang Dan disillusioned with her work in Dedu county?
3. What effect did the Four Clean-Ups campaign have on Yue Daiyun's thinking?
4. Why were qualified teachers hesitant to offer lecture courses upon returning to Beida?
5. What was the first lesson in self-reliance the new students at the cadre school in Liyuzhou would learn?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)