|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many employees at China Information Headquarters were found to be politically untrustworthy during the Four Clean-Ups?
(b) One in ten.
2. What were the "three separations" believed to plague university education?
(a) Separation of the university from practice, politics, and manual labor.
(b) Separation of the university from business, diplomacy, and international relations.
(c) Separation of the university from China's cultural heritage throughout three centuries.
(d) Separation of the university from worldwide educational networks.
3. Why was "How to be a Good Communist" eventually repudiated?
(a) It encouraged denunciation of public figures.
(b) It encouraged individuality.
(c) It encouraged slavish submission.
(d) It encouraged constant self-criticism.
4. What is the traditional baby gift given by a Chinese maternal grandmother?
(a) A cradle and playpen.
(b) A keepsake baby cup.
(c) A stroller and carseat.
(d) A complete layette for the first year.
5. Who were alleged to be Black Gang members?
(a) Anyone connected to Lao Tang.
(b) Anyone acquainted with Nie Yuanzi.
(c) Anyone connected with Lu Ping.
(d) Anyone putting up incendiary posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenging assignment was Yue Daiyun given upon her return to teaching?
2. What does Lao Wei counsel Yue Daiyun to do to redeem herself with the party?
3. How many people in Beida had been declared rightists in 1958?
4. What percentage of workers charged as rightists were work units expected to unveil in 1958?
5. What new family responsibility did Yue Daiyun assume at her mother-in-law's request?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)