|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem added to the difficulties of the second year at the cadre school?
(a) Heavy rain.
(c) Heavy snow.
2. What task was Nie Yuanzi given in Liyuqhou?
(a) Carrying buckets of urine.
(b) Making bricks from clay.
(c) Cutting bamboo into poles.
(d) Tying sheaves to make thatch.
3. Why did Old Uncle say that he shared food with Yue Daiyun rather than eating it himself?
(a) He had plenty of food stored away.
(b) He didn't have much of an appetite.
(c) She needed her strength to work.
(d) She was new to hunger, but he was used to it.
4. What political decision did Yue Daiyun make upon her return to Beida after her two-year absence?
(a) To carefully select which social issues should involve her.
(b) To become a leader in the field of literary history.
(c) To avoid social issues and concentrate on her studies.
(d) To focus on social issues and her studies.
5. How many people was Yue Daiyun required to identify as rightists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first lesson in self-reliance the new students at the cadre school in Liyuzhou would learn?
2. What is sent out to announce a baby's one-month anniversary?
3. Why was Yue Daiyun able to save money during her months in Liyuzhou?
4. Durig the summer of 1968, how many students were killed by New Beida students?
5. Why was Yue Diayun not as happy as the students at the prospect of returning to Beijing from the cadre school?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)