|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nie Yuanzi claim to believe in but refused to do?
(a) Allow freedom of student speech.
(b) Accept the salary of a worker.
(d) Choose leaders by vote.
2. Why did Zhou Enlai not order the helicopter carrying Lin Biao's co-conspirators shot down?
(a) He wanted survivors to tell what happened.
(b) He sympathized with Lin Biao.
(c) He was part of the conspiracy himself.
(d) He wanted the conspirators imprisoned.
3. How did Yue Daiyun accidentally injure Lao Tang?
(a) She hit him with a lamp, not knowing he was there.
(b) She dropped him while carrying him.
(c) She tripped him, and he fell.
(d) She and the children injured his back while carrying him.
4. What were the "three separations" believed to plague university education?
(a) Separation of the university from practice, politics, and manual labor.
(b) Separation of the university from business, diplomacy, and international relations.
(c) Separation of the university from worldwide educational networks.
(d) Separation of the university from China's cultural heritage throughout three centuries.
5. Who were the first enemies of the Communists to be punished by being publicly paraded?
(a) Political figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao Tang conclude after being criticized himself?
2. Why did Yue Daiyun's sister-in-law insist that the family separate during meals?
3. Why was Yue Daiyun disheartened by her first teaching assignment at the cadre school in Liyuzhou?
4. What did the famous "32 Cadres and Teachers" poster assert?
5. What was the rationale for putting literature students to hard physical labor?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)