|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lao Wei advise Yue Daiyun to deal with the cadres?
(a) Bribe them with extra work.
(b) Accuse others to them.
(c) Pretend not to notice wrongdoing.
(d) Point out their errors and mistakes.
2. What is sent out to announce a baby's one-month anniversary?
(a) Fortune cookies.
(b) Party invitations.
(c) Red-dyed eggs.
(d) Red kites.
3. What was "Contemporary Heroes"?
(a) An underground newspaper.
(b) A literary magazine.
(c) A foreign novel.
(d) A blog.
4. What percentage of workers charged as rightists were work units expected to unveil in 1958?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Five percent.
(d) Twenty-five percent.
5. Why was paying workers according to production criticized?
(a) It led to decreased overall yield.
(b) It was unfair to those who slacked in their work.
(c) It favored those who worked hardest.
(d) It was capitalist exploitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Lao Wei exonerated from the rightist charge against him?
2. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
3. What policy sent Yue Daiyun to the countryside in 1965?
4. Whose suspected crimes as an American spy caused Yue Daiyun to be questioned about their friendship?
5. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)