|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the commune at Zhaitang produce for income?
(a) Apricot seeds and walnuts.
(b) Millet and rice.
(c) Chickens and millet.
(d) Vegetables and wheat.
2. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
(a) Her baby didn't remember her, and she was a stranger on campus.
(b) Her students were openly hostile to her.
(c) She had to face charges and criticism at home.
(d) She became ill and spent the time recuperating.
3. Whose suspected crimes as an American spy caused Yue Daiyun to be questioned about their friendship?
(a) Gao Zhongyhi.
(b) Lao Gu.
(c) Robert Winter.
(d) Peng Yuanho.
4. What effect did the struggle sessions have on Lao Chen, the literature department head?
(a) He was forced to resign or be fired from his position.
(b) He was sent to the countryside for re-education.
(c) He commited suicide.
(d) He resigned his position.
5. Under what conditions were Yue Daiyun's parents allowed to buy property?
(a) It must be purchased from the Communist party.
(b) It must represent the owner's only holding.
(c) It must represent 80% of the owner's wealth.
(d) It could not be rented or resold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao Tang conclude after being criticized himself?
2. Who was Yue Daiyun's first love?
3. What is the first "To the Storm"?
4. What does it mean to "draw a line"?
5. What first shook Yue Daiyun's faith in the Communist party?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)