|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the poet Lin Zhao executed?
(a) Secret subversive activity.
(b) Attacking Chairman Mao's policies.
(c) Poor quality poems.
(d) Distributing underground literature.
2. What unexpected speaker came to the meeting on July 22 during the student struggles?
(a) Mao Anqing.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) Jiang Qing.
(d) Tao Zhu.
3. What were the "triple evils" to be eliminated in 1957?
(a) Subjectivism, sectarianism, and bureaucratism.
(b) Sectarianism, bureaucratism, and socialism.
(c) Objectivism, Confucianism, and sectarianism.
(d) Bureaucratism, cretinism, and subjectivism.
4. What health problem had complicated Yue Daiyun's pregnancy?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) Low blood pressure.
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Swollen ankles.
5. Under what conditions were Yue Daiyun's parents allowed to buy property?
(a) It must represent 80% of the owner's wealth.
(b) It must be purchased from the Communist party.
(c) It could not be rented or resold.
(d) It must represent the owner's only holding.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chinese legend, why does a baby smile for the first time?
2. What term was given to those whose parents were landlords?
3. Why did Yue Daiyun refuse expensive wedding gifts?
4. What political decision did Yue Daiyun make upon her return to Beida after her two-year absence?
5. What was "Contemporary Heroes"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)