|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the rationale for putting literature students to hard physical labor?
(a) To help them develop better physical conditioning.
(b) To get them away from violence on campus.
(c) To help them understand and unite with the workers.
(d) To provide them material about which to write.
2. How did Yue Daiyun learn to carry water?
(a) On her head.
(b) On a shoulder pole.
(c) In handheld buckets.
(d) In a wheelbarrow.
3. What should a good Communist always refuse to a class enemy, according to what Yue Daiyun was taught?
(a) Financial assistance.
4. Of what did Lao Pan accuse Yue Daiyun?
(a) Capitalist ideas.
(b) Disrespect of Communist authority.
(c) Personal ambition.
(d) Undermining Chairman Mao.
5. What did the revolutionary students say the literature department had done to corrupt student morality?
(a) Encouraged suicide.
(b) Allowed the reading of "yellow novels."
(c) Advocated illicit sexual relations.
(d) Taught bourgeois ideologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the "triple evils" to be eliminated in 1957?
2. What first shook Yue Daiyun's faith in the Communist party?
3. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
4. Why were the peasants reluctant to accept the land that they were given during land reform?
5. How were landlords punished in the village of Jiangxi during land reform?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)