|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What necessary tool did the Beida students accuse the work team of failing to employ?
2. Of what did Lao Pan accuse Yue Daiyun?
(a) Personal ambition.
(b) Disrespect of Communist authority.
(c) Capitalist ideas.
(d) Undermining Chairman Mao.
3. What was the first criticism of Lao Tang at the Beida Youth League Congress?
(a) Supporting rightist teachers.
(b) Staying up all night talking with Yue Daiyun.
(c) Killing frogs who were interrupting the music.
(d) Teaching capitalist ideas.
4. Why were many Chinese angry at the U.S. in 1951?
(a) They disagreed with American democracy.
(b) They were jealous of American prosperity.
(c) They were appalled by American selfishness.
(d) They expected an American invasion.
5. What did the revolutionary students say the literature department had done to corrupt student morality?
(a) Allowed the reading of "yellow novels."
(b) Encouraged suicide.
(c) Advocated illicit sexual relations.
(d) Taught bourgeois ideologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objection did Communist party members have to the French novel, The Red and the Black?
2. What did the students use for hats on the academicians they publicly paraded?
3. Under what conditions were Yue Daiyun's parents allowed to buy property?
4. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
5. What term was given to those whose parents were landlords?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)