|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's first assigned task at the commune in Zhaitang?
(a) Collecting clay to mix with coal for the fire.
(b) Preparing breakfast for the group.
(c) Collecting rocks to build a dam.
(d) Drawing water.
2. What political decision did Yue Daiyun make upon her return to Beida after her two-year absence?
(a) To focus on social issues and her studies.
(b) To avoid social issues and concentrate on her studies.
(c) To carefully select which social issues should involve her.
(d) To become a leader in the field of literary history.
3. What work assignment did Yue Daiyun receive upon returning to Beida after her two-year absence?
(a) Writing commentaries on poems of the Tang dynasty.
(b) Cutting stencils for supplementary materials.
(c) Working as a librarian.
(d) Teaching first-year students in literary history.
4. What did the commune at Zhaitang produce for income?
(a) Millet and rice.
(b) Vegetables and wheat.
(c) Apricot seeds and walnuts.
(d) Chickens and millet.
5. Why was Yue Daiyun's sister-in-law's father imprisoned?
(a) For condemning Chairman Mao.
(b) For condemning Communist policies.
(c) For listening to foreign radio stations.
(d) For trying to leave China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a cadre?
2. What effect did the Four Clean-Ups campaign have on Yue Daiyun's thinking?
3. What term was given to those whose parents were landlords?
4. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
5. What caused the famine in Zhaitang during the autumn of 1959?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)