|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Yue Daiyun refuse expensive wedding gifts?
(a) She knew her friends and family had limited resources.
(b) She was embarrassed by her family's prosperity.
(c) She was a simple person.
(d) She wanted her wedding to be a revolutionary occasion.
2. What did the commune at Zhaitang produce for income?
(a) Apricot seeds and walnuts.
(b) Millet and rice.
(c) Vegetables and wheat.
(d) Chickens and millet.
3. What is an "ayi?"
(a) A grandmother.
(b) A domestic helper.
(c) A Communist party leader.
(d) An aunt.
4. What was Yue Daiyun's assignment during the Four Clean-Ups?
(a) Identify sympathy toward villains in newspaper and magazine articles.
(b) Identify peasants as heroes in newspaper and magazine articles.
(c) Identify exemplary thinking in foreign literature.
(d) Identify bourgeois thinking in foreign literature.
5. What work assignment did Yue Daiyun receive upon returning to Beida after her two-year absence?
(a) Teaching first-year students in literary history.
(b) Writing commentaries on poems of the Tang dynasty.
(c) Working as a librarian.
(d) Cutting stencils for supplementary materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's job during the famine in Zhaitang?
2. What effect did the Four Clean-Ups campaign have on Yue Daiyun's thinking?
3. Where were the Chinese literature students sent to work?
4. According to Chinese legend, why does a baby smile for the first time?
5. How many employees at China Information Headquarters were found to be politically untrustworthy during the Four Clean-Ups?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)