|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yue Daiyun learn to carry water?
(a) On her head.
(b) In handheld buckets.
(c) In a wheelbarrow.
(d) On a shoulder pole.
2. Why did Yue Daiyun relate to her sister-in-law's father?
(a) They were from the same home town.
(b) They were the same age.
(c) They were both appalled at the elaborate wedding ceremony.
(d) They were both condemned as rightists.
3. What challenging assignment was Yue Daiyun given upon her return to teaching?
(a) Teaching modern literature.
(b) Developing a political writing course.
(c) Teaching Chinese to foreign students.
(d) Explicating Tang dynasty literature.
4. What physical difficulty was brought on for Yue Daiyun and others by the famine in Zhaitang?
5. What is a cadre?
(a) A revolutionary trainee.
(b) An informant.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A revolutionary trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people was Yue Daiyun required to identify as rightists?
2. What policy sent Yue Daiyun to the countryside in 1965?
3. What political decision did Yue Daiyun make upon her return to Beida after her two-year absence?
4. What was Yue Daiyun's overriding reaction to her two years as a peasant worker?
5. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)