|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first "To the Storm"?
(a) A song written by Sun Yat-Sen.
(b) A novel by Stendhal.
(c) A poem written by Yue Daiyun.
(d) A chapter from Chairman Mao's Red Book.
2. Why was the poet Lin Zhao executed?
(a) Poor quality poems.
(b) Distributing underground literature.
(c) Secret subversive activity.
(d) Attacking Chairman Mao's policies.
3. What work assignment did Yue Daiyun receive upon returning to Beida after her two-year absence?
(a) Cutting stencils for supplementary materials.
(b) Working as a librarian.
(c) Writing commentaries on poems of the Tang dynasty.
(d) Teaching first-year students in literary history.
4. What song did Yue Daiyun's brother use to comfort her while she was being criticized?
(a) "La Marseille."
(b) "La Donna est Mobile."
(c) "My Old Kentucky Home."
(d) "I Dream of Jeannie."
5. What new family responsibility did Yue Daiyun assume at her mother-in-law's request?
(b) Family finances.
(d) Child care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
2. How were ordinary people to be portrayed in literature considered appropriate during the Four Clean-Ups?
3. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
4. Why did Old Uncle say that he shared food with Yue Daiyun rather than eating it himself?
5. How many people in Beida had been declared rightists in 1958?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)