|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a cadre?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A revolutionary trainee.
(c) A revolutionary trainer.
(d) An informant.
2. What is an "ayi?"
(a) A grandmother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) A domestic helper.
(d) A Communist party leader.
3. Why did Yue Daiyun relate to her sister-in-law's father?
(a) They were both appalled at the elaborate wedding ceremony.
(b) They were both condemned as rightists.
(c) They were from the same home town.
(d) They were the same age.
4. How did Lao Shi die?
(a) He was accidentally shot.
(b) He was beaten to death while attempting to escape to Burma.
(c) He commited suicide.
(d) He fell from a walnut tree.
5. How did Yue Daiyun learn to carry water?
(a) In handheld buckets.
(b) On her head.
(c) In a wheelbarrow.
(d) On a shoulder pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to "draw a line"?
2. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
3. What percentage of workers charged as rightists were work units expected to unveil in 1958?
4. What physical difficulty was brought on for Yue Daiyun and others by the famine in Zhaitang?
5. Why did Yue Daiyun refuse expensive wedding gifts?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)