|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lao Wei counsel Yue Daiyun to do to redeem herself with the party?
(a) Accuse others.
(b) Deny guilt.
(c) Admit guilt, even if it is untrue.
(d) Tell the truth.
2. What physical difficulty was brought on for Yue Daiyun and others by the famine in Zhaitang?
3. How many people was Yue Daiyun required to identify as rightists?
4. What was "Contemporary Heroes"?
(a) A blog.
(b) A foreign novel.
(c) An underground newspaper.
(d) A literary magazine.
5. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
(a) She had to face charges and criticism at home.
(b) Her baby didn't remember her, and she was a stranger on campus.
(c) She became ill and spent the time recuperating.
(d) Her students were openly hostile to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chairman Mao seem to be encouraging in 1956?
2. What disillusioned Yue Daiyun on her trip to the Soviet Union?
3. Why did Yue Daiyun draw a line between herself and her husband's family?
4. What does it mean to "draw a line"?
5. How did night meetings at the commune in Zhaitang attempt to educate the peasants?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)