|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did night meetings at the commune in Zhaitang attempt to educate the peasants?
(a) By teaching them basic literacy.
(b) By purchasing textbooks for them.
(c) By turning on radio news broadcasts for them.
(d) By reading newspapers to them.
2. What health problem had complicated Yue Daiyun's pregnancy?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) Swollen ankles.
(c) Morning sickness.
(d) Low blood pressure.
3. What song did Yue Daiyun's brother use to comfort her while she was being criticized?
(a) "La Donna est Mobile."
(b) "I Dream of Jeannie."
(c) "My Old Kentucky Home."
(d) "La Marseille."
4. What disillusioned Yue Daiyun on her trip to the Soviet Union?
(a) The Chinese visitors were rudely treated.
(b) She observed social inequality.
(c) She wasn't allowed to visit Red Square.
(d) The Chinese visitors were not considered equals.
5. Why did Yue Daiyun draw a line between herself and her husband's family?
(a) They were unlearned peasants.
(b) They were outspoken anti-Communists.
(c) They were unkind to her.
(d) They were bourgeois intellectuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should a good Communist always refuse to a class enemy, according to what Yue Daiyun was taught?
2. What is the traditional baby gift given by a Chinese maternal grandmother?
3. What is a kang?
4. What is the first "To the Storm"?
5. What was the first criticism of Lao Tang at the Beida Youth League Congress?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)