|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the famine in Zhaitang during the autumn of 1959?
(a) Lack of seeds.
(d) Refusal of the peasant workers to cooperate.
2. What is a cadre?
(a) An informant.
(b) A revolutionary trainer.
(c) A revolutionary trainee.
(d) A prisoner.
3. What was Yue Daiyun's first assigned task at the commune in Zhaitang?
(a) Collecting rocks to build a dam.
(b) Preparing breakfast for the group.
(c) Collecting clay to mix with coal for the fire.
(d) Drawing water.
4. Of what did Lao Pan accuse Yue Daiyun?
(a) Capitalist ideas.
(b) Undermining Chairman Mao.
(c) Personal ambition.
(d) Disrespect of Communist authority.
5. How did night meetings at the commune in Zhaitang attempt to educate the peasants?
(a) By purchasing textbooks for them.
(b) By reading newspapers to them.
(c) By teaching them basic literacy.
(d) By turning on radio news broadcasts for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the traditional baby gift given by a Chinese maternal grandmother?
2. How was Lao Wei exonerated from the rightist charge against him?
3. What term was given to those whose parents were landlords?
4. Why did Old Uncle say that he shared food with Yue Daiyun rather than eating it himself?
5. What percentage of workers charged as rightists were work units expected to unveil in 1958?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)