|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
(c) Writing poetry.
2. How was Lao Wei exonerated from the rightist charge against him?
(a) Yue Daiyun proved the criticisms wrong.
(b) He made a false confession.
(c) His cadre affirmed his good work habits.
(d) The peasants spoke in his behalf.
3. What is an "ayi?"
(a) An aunt.
(b) A Communist party leader.
(c) A domestic helper.
(d) A grandmother.
4. What percentage of workers charged as rightists were work units expected to unveil in 1958?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Twenty-five percent.
5. What does Yue Daiyun do to comfort the injured Lao Shi?
(a) Smuggles cookies to him.
(b) Tells him funny stories.
(c) Prepares buns from white flour.
(d) Massages his injured back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name "Lao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
2. What first shook Yue Daiyun's faith in the Communist party?
3. What did Chairman Mao seem to be encouraging in 1956?
4. What is the "white and expert way"?
5. What objection did Communist party members have to the French novel, The Red and the Black?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)