|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were friendship bonds more likely at the cadre school than at Beida?
(a) Competition for positions was secret.
(b) No one knew another's salary.
(c) There was more time in the relaxed atmosphere.
(d) Everyone was on equal footing.
2. What does Lao Wei counsel Yue Daiyun to do to redeem herself with the party?
(a) Accuse others.
(b) Admit guilt, even if it is untrue.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Deny guilt.
3. What is the "white and expert way"?
(a) Political ideals.
(b) Clarity of thought.
(c) Academic or technical expertise.
(d) Democratic ideas.
4. What disillusioned Yue Daiyun on her trip to the Soviet Union?
(a) She wasn't allowed to visit Red Square.
(b) She observed social inequality.
(c) The Chinese visitors were rudely treated.
(d) The Chinese visitors were not considered equals.
5. In August, 1973, with whom did Chairman Mao link the defection of Lin Biao?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would a good Communist mistrust his own conscience?
2. Why was Yue Daiyun disheartened by her first teaching assignment at the cadre school in Liyuzhou?
3. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
4. How was Beida preparing for nuclear war in 1972?
5. Why were the students at the cadre school in Liyuzhou not enthused about their prospects there?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)