|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the famine in Zhaitang during the autumn of 1959?
(a) Refusal of the peasant workers to cooperate.
(c) Lack of seeds.
2. Where were the Chinese literature students sent to work?
(a) On farms.
(b) In libraries.
(c) On dam sites.
(d) In coal mines.
3. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
(a) She had to face charges and criticism at home.
(b) Her baby didn't remember her, and she was a stranger on campus.
(c) Her students were openly hostile to her.
(d) She became ill and spent the time recuperating.
4. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
(d) Writing poetry.
5. What is a kang?
(a) A heated sleeping platform.
(b) A sleeping mat.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sent out to announce a baby's one-month anniversary?
2. What is the first "To the Storm"?
3. What was the rationale for putting literature students to hard physical labor?
4. How did Lao Shi die?
5. What is an "ayi?"
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)