|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's job during the famine in Zhaitang?
(a) Caring for pigs.
(b) Grinding corncobs to make flour.
(c) Pitting walnuts.
(d) Collecting apricot pits for oil.
2. Why did Old Uncle say that he shared food with Yue Daiyun rather than eating it himself?
(a) He had plenty of food stored away.
(b) She was new to hunger, but he was used to it.
(c) She needed her strength to work.
(d) He didn't have much of an appetite.
3. Of what did Lao Pan accuse Yue Daiyun?
(a) Personal ambition.
(b) Undermining Chairman Mao.
(c) Disrespect of Communist authority.
(d) Capitalist ideas.
4. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
5. What was Yue Daiyun's first assigned task at the commune in Zhaitang?
(a) Collecting rocks to build a dam.
(b) Drawing water.
(c) Collecting clay to mix with coal for the fire.
(d) Preparing breakfast for the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's overriding reaction to her two years as a peasant worker?
2. What work assignment did Yue Daiyun receive upon returning to Beida after her two-year absence?
3. How many people was Yue Daiyun required to identify as rightists?
4. What does it mean to "draw a line"?
5. What caused the famine in Zhaitang during the autumn of 1959?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)