|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chairman Mao seem to be encouraging in 1956?
(a) Open criticism of the Communist party.
(b) A move to the right.
2. According to Chinese legend, why does a baby smile for the first time?
(a) To celebrate its first month on earth.
(b) To greet its parents.
(c) To bid farewell to the goddess guarding it.
(d) To thank the gods for its life.
3. What does it mean to "draw a line"?
(a) To make one's political position clear.
(b) To align one's self with another person.
(c) To separate one's self from a suspect person.
(d) To strengthen a common bond.
4. What is the first "To the Storm"?
(a) A novel by Stendhal.
(b) A chapter from Chairman Mao's Red Book.
(c) A poem written by Yue Daiyun.
(d) A song written by Sun Yat-Sen.
5. Why were the peasants reluctant to accept the land that they were given during land reform?
(a) They were afraid that exploitation would begin again.
(b) They were afraid of the responsibility of ownership.
(c) They were afraid of receiving the same retribution as their former landlords.
(d) They were afraid other peasants would be jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Yue Daiyun's brother use to comfort her while she was being criticized?
2. What first shook Yue Daiyun's faith in the Communist party?
3. What challenging assignment was Yue Daiyun given upon her return to teaching?
4. Why was the poet Lin Zhao executed?
5. What disillusioned Yue Daiyun on her trip to the Soviet Union?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)