|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "white and expert way"?
(a) Clarity of thought.
(b) Academic or technical expertise.
(c) Democratic ideas.
(d) Political ideals.
2. What was Yue Daiyun's overriding reaction to her two years as a peasant worker?
(c) Resentment at time wasted.
3. What does the name "Lao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
4. What should a good Communist always refuse to a class enemy, according to what Yue Daiyun was taught?
(a) Financial assistance.
5. Of what did Lao Pan accuse Yue Daiyun?
(a) Undermining Chairman Mao.
(b) Disrespect of Communist authority.
(c) Capitalist ideas.
(d) Personal ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people in Beida had been declared rightists in 1958?
2. What caused the famine in Zhaitang during the autumn of 1959?
3. According to Chinese legend, why does a baby smile for the first time?
4. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
5. What is an "ayi?"
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)