|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the poet Lin Zhao executed?
(a) Secret subversive activity.
(b) Attacking Chairman Mao's policies.
(c) Distributing underground literature.
(d) Poor quality poems.
2. What does the name "Xiao" mean in Mandarin Chinese?
3. Why was Yue Daiyun's sister-in-law's father imprisoned?
(a) For trying to leave China.
(b) For condemning Chairman Mao.
(c) For condemning Communist policies.
(d) For listening to foreign radio stations.
4. What were the "triple evils" to be eliminated in 1957?
(a) Sectarianism, bureaucratism, and socialism.
(b) Bureaucratism, cretinism, and subjectivism.
(c) Objectivism, Confucianism, and sectarianism.
(d) Subjectivism, sectarianism, and bureaucratism.
5. What objection did Communist party members have to the French novel, The Red and the Black?
(a) It encouraged individual creativity over self-effacement.
(b) It encouraged disrespect.
(c) It encouraged immorality.
(d) It encouraged blind acquiescence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the famine in Zhaitang during the autumn of 1959?
2. What song did Yue Daiyun's brother use to comfort her while she was being criticized?
3. What was Yue Daiyun's first assigned task at the commune in Zhaitang?
4. What is the first "To the Storm"?
5. What challenging assignment was Yue Daiyun given upon her return to teaching?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)