|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of workers charged as rightists were work units expected to unveil in 1958?
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Twenty-five percent.
2. Why was Yue Daiyun's long-awaited home visit depressing?
(a) Her students were openly hostile to her.
(b) She had to face charges and criticism at home.
(c) She became ill and spent the time recuperating.
(d) Her baby didn't remember her, and she was a stranger on campus.
3. Durig the summer of 1968, how many students were killed by New Beida students?
4. What disillusioned Yue Daiyun on her trip to the Soviet Union?
(a) She observed social inequality.
(b) The Chinese visitors were rudely treated.
(c) The Chinese visitors were not considered equals.
(d) She wasn't allowed to visit Red Square.
5. What physical affliction had Yue Daiyun's father-in-law suffered in her two-year absence?
(a) A paralyzing stroke.
(b) Heart failure.
(c) Memory loss.
(d) Debilitating high blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What necessary tool did the Beida students accuse the work team of failing to employ?
2. Why would a good Communist mistrust his own conscience?
3. Who were the first enemies of the Communists to be punished by being publicly paraded?
4. How did Chairman Mao refer to Nie Yuanzi?
5. What political decision did Yue Daiyun make upon her return to Beida after her two-year absence?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)