|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Old Uncle say that he shared food with Yue Daiyun rather than eating it himself?
(a) She was new to hunger, but he was used to it.
(b) He didn't have much of an appetite.
(c) She needed her strength to work.
(d) He had plenty of food stored away.
2. What decision made in 1966 does Yue Daiyun come to deeply regret?
(a) She became pregnant.
(b) She decided never to have another child.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She had a second child.
3. What was Yue Daiyun's favorite pastime while she wandered in the mountains of Zhaitang?
(d) Writing poetry.
4. What did the Jinggang Mountain Corps want?
(a) To support Nie Yuanzi's leadership of Beida.
(b) To dominate the Red Guard.
(c) To overthrow Chairman Mao.
(d) To overthrow Nie Yuanzi's leadership of Beida.
5. How were workers and peasants to be portrayed in all acceptable literary work?
(a) As "heroic and noble."
(b) As "upwardly mobile."
(c) As "tall, valued, and perfect."
(d) As "humble, wise, and meek."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yue Daiyun's job during the famine in Zhaitang?
2. What first shook Yue Daiyun's faith in the Communist party?
3. What does Yue Daiyun do to comfort the injured Lao Shi?
4. What physical difficulty was brought on for Yue Daiyun and others by the famine in Zhaitang?
5. Why was "How to be a Good Communist" eventually repudiated?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)