|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the "5+ Obedient Sheep?"
(a) Rebellious students.
(b) Students who followed the work team's recommendations.
(c) Overly obedient students.
(d) Students with poor grades.
2. Why was "How to be a Good Communist" eventually repudiated?
(a) It encouraged slavish submission.
(b) It encouraged denunciation of public figures.
(c) It encouraged individuality.
(d) It encouraged constant self-criticism.
3. How was Beida preparing for nuclear war in 1972?
(a) Hiding a nuclear arsenal.
(b) Designing nuclear weapons.
(c) Digging air raid shelters.
(d) Establishing diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union.
4. What did the "Reveal Things Thoroughly to the Bottom" Detachment intend to do?
(a) Reveal bourgeois thinking among teachers.
(b) Reveal counter-revolutionary statements in magazines and newspapers.
(c) Investigate the lives of government officials.
(d) Search faculty houses for capitalist possessions.
5. What was the Red Guard?
(a) A department of the army.
(b) A group of counter-revolutionary students.
(c) A group of revolutionary students.
(d) A civilian militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the "January seizure of Power" in 1967 take place?
2. What did the Jinggang Mountain Corps want?
3. How did Lao Shi die?
4. What decision made in 1966 does Yue Daiyun come to deeply regret?
5. What effect did Yue Daiyun believe the elimination of "middle characters" would have on student readers?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)