|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lao Shi die?
(a) He was accidentally shot.
(b) He fell from a walnut tree.
(c) He was beaten to death while attempting to escape to Burma.
(d) He commited suicide.
2. How was Lao Wei exonerated from the rightist charge against him?
(a) He made a false confession.
(b) The peasants spoke in his behalf.
(c) His cadre affirmed his good work habits.
(d) Yue Daiyun proved the criticisms wrong.
3. Who were the "5+ Obedient Sheep?"
(a) Students who followed the work team's recommendations.
(b) Students with poor grades.
(c) Rebellious students.
(d) Overly obedient students.
4. What first shook Yue Daiyun's faith in the Communist party?
(a) Facing criticism as a rightist.
(b) Realizing that the famine in 1959 was manmade.
(c) Being forced to criticize others.
(d) Criticism of Lao Tang's friendship with her.
5. Why was "How to be a Good Communist" eventually repudiated?
(a) It encouraged denunciation of public figures.
(b) It encouraged slavish submission.
(c) It encouraged constant self-criticism.
(d) It encouraged individuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about the student revolutionary movement at Beida?
2. Why did Lin Biao, Chairman Mao's closest ally, decide to flee the country?
3. What shocked Yue Daiyun upon her return to Beida?
4. Where did the "January seizure of Power" in 1967 take place?
5. What did the Jinggang Mountain Corps want?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)