|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Antoinette trying to urge her husband to do at the beginning of chapter twenty two?
2. What did the mob hurl at Antoinette and her family?
3. How did the crowd react to the King's oath at the Bastille celebrations?
4. Who were the only people the murderous mob spared when they invaded the Tuileries?
5. Who did Antoinette persuade to take over the position of finance minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does France celebrate the one year anniversary of the Bastille invasion?
2. What problems does the King cause in Paris?
3. How does Antoinette work to improve the political situation in this section?
4. What was the National Assembly?
5. How do Antoinette and her family plan to escape in this section?
6. What is life like for Antoinette and her family in chapter twenty three?
7. Describe the scandal with Cardinal Rohan?
8. How do Antoinette get caught?
9. Why is Mirabeau important to the king?
10. What goes wrong with the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the political tension between Austria and France.
1. What were the problems between Austria and France and how did they develop?
2. How was the marriage between Antoinette and Louis designed to temper the tension between the two countries?
3. What was the relationship between France and Austria after Antoinette's death?
Essay Topic 2
How did Antoinette's upbringing mold her into the person she became? Who were the most influential people during her childhood? What effect did Antoinette's upbringing have on her later life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the political climate in France during the 1780s. In what way was France going through radical changes in the 1780s? How did these changes effect the royal family? What influence have changes had on today's French society?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)