|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the King pledge his support to at the Bastille celebrations?
2. What did the pamphlets passed around court say about Antoinette?
3. What did the King buy Antoinette for a gift?
4. Why did Antoinette think Jacques should be reinstated as finance minister?
5. Why does Louis refuse to escape with Axel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the crowds react to seeing Antoinette and her family at the end of this section?
2. What problems was Marie Antoinette's son suffering from?
3. How does Antoinette work to improve the political situation in this section?
4. How do things start to get worse for Antoinette at the end of this section?
5. What part of the plan to escape does Antoinette initiate in this section?
6. What was the National Assembly?
7. Why is Mirabeau's death a huge blow for the King?
8. Why does Louis insist on staying with his family?
9. How does Antoinette try to protect herself from attack?
10. Describe the scandal with Cardinal Rohan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Antoinette's upbringing mold her into the person she became? Who were the most influential people during her childhood? What effect did Antoinette's upbringing have on her later life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the following people and how their leadership contributed to the political situation at the end of the book.
1. King Louis XV.
2. Marie Theresa.
3. King Louis XV.
4. Emperor Francis.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the financial situation in France. What was the financial situation in France in the 1780s? Why did people blame the royal family during this time? In what way could it be said that neither Marie Antoinette nor her husband did anything to help the situation?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)