|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the third estate leave the Estates General to form?
2. Where did Jean's husband take the diamond to sell?
3. How did the crowd react to the King's oath at the Bastille celebrations?
4. Who is in very bad health at the beginning of chapter twenty?
5. Who were the first group to call for Louis' execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the assembly made up?
2. Why is Mirabeau important to the king?
3. How do Antoinette and her family plan to escape the Tuileries?
4. Why does Louis insist on staying with his family?
5. What problems was Marie Antoinette's son suffering from?
6. What problems are France having in this section?
7. What was the National Assembly?
8. What was life like in Paris in 1790?
9. What is life like for Antoinette and her family in chapter twenty three?
10. How do things start to get worse for Antoinette at the end of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the decline in Marie Antoinette's popularity. How did the French public first receive Marie Antoinette? Why did public opinion turn against Marie Antoinette? What do you think Marie Antoinette could have done to change public opinion in her favor?
Essay Topic 2
How did Antoinette's upbringing mold her into the person she became? Who were the most influential people during her childhood? What effect did Antoinette's upbringing have on her later life?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following historical figures in Erickson's book and discuss how Erickson represents them in the story and why she represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against her representation of that person's life?
1. Maria Theresa.
2. King Louis XV.
3. Count Mercer.
4. Madame Barry.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)