|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mirabeau want to create that would include the royal family?
2. What was the first stages Antoinette took to prepare for their escape?
3. What would the King spend his days doing at Fountainebleu?
4. Who were the new local governments modeling themselves after?
5. What is celebrated across France in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antoinette try to protect herself from attack?
2. How did the King, Antoinette and Necker all act in the assembly?
3. What problems was Marie Antoinette's son suffering from?
4. How does Antoinette work to improve the political situation in this section?
5. Why is Mirabeau's death a huge blow for the King?
6. What problems does the King cause in Paris?
7. How was the assembly made up?
8. How do the crowds react to seeing Antoinette and her family at the end of this section?
9. Why do the Jacobins call for Louis's execution?
10. Why is Mirabeau important to the king?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Marie Antoinette's character to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Antoinette hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes her ideas about life?
3. How has Antoinette's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the financial situation in France. What was the financial situation in France in the 1780s? Why did people blame the royal family during this time? In what way could it be said that neither Marie Antoinette nor her husband did anything to help the situation?
Essay Topic 3
How did Louis' upbringing mold him into the person he became? How did the bullying he suffered at the hands of his siblings effect him? How did his upbringing contribute to the decisions he makes in the book and his eventual downfall?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)