|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Parisians protest in this section?
2. What did Antoinette have to attend everyday with the King?
3. What was Hume's opinion of Versailles?
4. What did Maria and her husband dress their daughters in?
5. What was Madame de Noailles position at the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did Jacques Necker cause?
2. What rumors were spread by Antoinette and her marriage to the King?
3. Describe the elaborate system of duties at the French court.
4. What problems do Antoinette and Louis have at the beginning of chapter twelve?
5. What does Erickson say was the reality of the French court?
6. Describe one of the King Louis XVI's less desirable behaviors.
7. How does Erickson describe Louis?
8. What major problem is highlighted in this section?
9. Why were the French courtiers a target for fraudsters?
10. What effect did Joseph's visit have on Antoinette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the the economic problems in France contribute to the intense political situation at the end of the book? How could the upper classes have avoided this situation? Were the upper classes entirely to blame for the problems?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Necker so popular with the French public? What effect did his resignation have on the French revolution? What would have happened if he had stayed as finance minister?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the decline in Marie Antoinette's popularity. How did the French public first receive Marie Antoinette? Why did public opinion turn against Marie Antoinette? What do you think Marie Antoinette could have done to change public opinion in her favor?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)