|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the King Louis XVI's primary adviser?
2. Which famous philosopher does Erickson quote in chapter eleven?
3. What of the following words does Erickson use to describe the young Louis?
4. How is Artois related to King Louis XVI?
5. What is the one thing Erickson says King Louis XV had an understanding of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Antoinette initially think of her marriage to Louis?
2. What was special about Venice during the 1760s?
3. How does Erikson depict Louis XV's reign?
4. How do Maria Theresa and Francis of Lorraine dress their children?
5. What was Marie Antoinette taught before she married Louis?
6. Describe the elaborate system of duties at the French court.
7. What was Marie's new routine as queen?
8. Who was Count Mercy?
9. What does Maria Theresa want the servants to discuss with their children?
10. Why were the French courtiers a target for fraudsters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Erickson's book and discuss how Erickson represents them in the story and why she represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against her representation of that person's life?
1. Maria Theresa.
2. King Louis XV.
3. Count Mercer.
4. Madame Barry.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the political climate in France during the 1780s. In what way was France going through radical changes in the 1780s? How did these changes effect the royal family? What influence have changes had on today's French society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the political tension between Austria and France.
1. What were the problems between Austria and France and how did they develop?
2. How was the marriage between Antoinette and Louis designed to temper the tension between the two countries?
3. What was the relationship between France and Austria after Antoinette's death?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)