|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people did Antoinette's sisters marry?
2. What do tourists notice the most about Venice?
3. Why did Antoinette struggle to learn the French language perfectly?
4. Which of the following does Erickson name as one of Louis' less desirable behaviors?
5. What was the name of the Austrian envoy to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erickson say was the reality of the French court?
2. Why did the King call Mercy to his office in this section?
3. Why was Madame Antoinette a constant cause of frustration for her governess Madame de Noailles?
4. Who was Madame du Barry?
5. How did Louis and Antoinette react to their new found power?
6. Describe the elaborate system of duties at the French court.
7. How does Emperor Francis react to the news his wife is in labor?
8. Why was Antoinette singled out for her lavish lifestyle?
9. How does Erickson describe Louis?
10. What was Marie Antoinette taught before she married Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the French public react to Marie Antoinette when she first arrived in France? Why did public opinion turn against Marie Antoinette? How can Marie Antoinette win back back the French public?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Necker so popular with the French public? What effect did his resignation have on the French revolution? What would have happened if he had stayed as finance minister?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the following people and how their leadership contributed to the political situation at the end of the book.
1. King Louis XV.
2. Marie Theresa.
3. King Louis XV.
4. Emperor Francis.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)