|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Joseph co-rule with his mother?
2. Which of the following does Erickson name as one of Louis' less desirable behaviors?
(d) Manual labor.
3. Who did the French public start saying that Antoinette was having an affair with?
4. What is Joseph's official title?
(a) The Pope.
(c) King of Austria.
(d) Holy Roman Emperor.
5. What does Marie and her husband dress their boys in?
(a) Blue jeans.
(b) Peasant clothing.
(c) Silk gowns.
(d) Velvet coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mostly sent Antoinette letters in her early years in France?
2. Why isn't Emperor Francis the perfect husband Maria Theresa claims he is?
3. Where did the villagers dump their garbage?
4. What is the name of Marie Theresa's favorite daughter?
5. What kind of person is usually appointed as the palace page?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antoinette's life change dramatically in this section?
2. What rumors were spread by Antoinette and her marriage to the King?
3. How does Emperor Francis react to the news his wife is in labor?
4. Who was Count Mercy?
5. What major problem is highlighted in this section?
6. What did Antoinette initially think of her marriage to Louis?
7. Who was Axel Fersel?
8. Why were the French courtiers a target for fraudsters?
9. What problems did Jacques Necker cause?
10. What does Maria Theresa want the servants to discuss with their children?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)