|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the servants clean Marie Antoinette's rooms?
(a) When she was at breakfast.
(b) When she was on holiday.
(c) When she was at mass.
(d) When she was partying.
2. How does Erickson say Antoinette put the thought of becoming queen out of her mind?
(a) Left for Austria.
(b) Partied all the time.
(c) Read romance books.
(d) Pretended nothing was happening.
3. What kind of people did Antoinette's sisters marry?
(a) Fun loving soldiers.
(b) Unattractive nobleman.
(c) Beautiful commoners.
4. Who does Joseph call empty-headed?
(b) Du Barry.
5. What kind of garden does Antoinette have at the Petit Trianon?
(a) Maltese style.
(b) Baroque style.
(c) Babylonian style.
(d) English style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Isabella die of?
2. What impresses Axel about Antoinette?
3. Who did Antoinette like making fun of in private?
4. What did Louis and Antoinette exchange with one another before they met?
5. In which country did Antoinette marry Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marie Antoinette taught before she married Louis?
2. How does Erikson depict Louis XV's reign?
3. What problems did Jacques Necker cause?
4. What problems do Antoinette and Louis have at the beginning of chapter twelve?
5. Who was Count Mercy?
6. Describe one of the King Louis XVI's less desirable behaviors.
7. Why was Madame Antoinette a constant cause of frustration for her governess Madame de Noailles?
8. What did Antoinette initially think of her marriage to Louis?
9. Who was Axel Fersel?
10. What does Erickson say was the reality of the French court?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)