|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Erickson say Artois treated his brother in public?
2. What is the one thing Erickson says King Louis XV had an understanding of?
(a) Foreign affairs.
(b) The economy.
3. What is Necker's position in the court?
(a) Finance minister.
(b) Chief advisor.
(d) Head servant.
4. What kind of person is usually appointed as the palace page?
(a) A nobleman's son.
(b) A foreign member of royalty.
(c) A writer's son.
(d) A tradesman's son.
5. What is the title of Artois's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis and Antoinette exchange with one another before they met?
2. What did people take as a sign that Antoinette was not ready to be queen?
3. What was Antoinette official title during her early years at court?
4. What is the name of the King Louis XVI's primary adviser?
5. What was the name of King Louis XV's mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Antoinette singled out for her lavish lifestyle?
2. Who was Count Mercy?
3. How does Erickson describe Louis?
4. How does Emperor Francis react to the news his wife is in labor?
5. What problems do Antoinette and Louis have at the beginning of chapter twelve?
6. What does Maria Theresa want the servants to discuss with their children?
7. What was Marie Antoinette taught before she married Louis?
8. What was special about Venice during the 1760s?
9. Describe one of the King Louis XVI's less desirable behaviors.
10. Who was Madame du Barry?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)