|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joseph so critical of the French court?
(a) It is too cheap.
(b) It is anti-religious.
(c) It is too extravagent.
(d) It has no soul.
2. What did Antoinette have to attend everyday with the King?
(a) A library.
(b) A political rally.
(d) A ball.
3. Which famous person dies in this section?
(a) King XV.
(b) Marie Theresa.
(c) Jacques Necker.
4. Where did the villagers dump their garbage?
(a) In the lakes.
(b) In palace grounds.
(c) In the river Seine.
(d) In the palace halls.
5. What did the King's mistress formerly do for a living?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) An athlete.
(c) A chef.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people did Antoinette's sisters marry?
2. In which country did Antoinette marry Louis?
3. What country was Marie's dentist from?
4. Why were court officials usually in debt?
5. What is Necker's position in the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major problem is highlighted in this section?
2. What effect did Joseph's visit have on Antoinette?
3. How do Maria Theresa and Francis of Lorraine dress their children?
4. Describe one of the King Louis XVI's less desirable behaviors.
5. What does Maria Theresa want the servants to discuss with their children?
6. Who was Count Mercy?
7. What was Marie's new routine as queen?
8. What does Erickson say was the reality of the French court?
9. How does Emperor Francis react to the news his wife is in labor?
10. What was Marie Antoinette taught before she married Louis?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)