|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opened the assembly with a speech?
(c) The King.
2. What was the name of the fortress the royal family were imprisoned in?
(a) The Yard.
(b) The Pauper.
(c) The Duvet.
(d) The Temple.
3. Why did Antoinette think Jacques should be reinstated as finance minister?
(a) He would stop the public from rioting.
(b) He would give the King and Queen time to escape the country.
(c) He would gain the support of the parliament and international financiers.
(d) He would force the reforms wanted by the King.
4. What did the episode with Calome, leading to his resignation, say about the King's position within society?
(a) He was ridiculed.
(b) He was the verge of being assassinated.
(c) He was utterly hated.
(d) He was virtually powerless.
5. How did the Parisians react to the King's attempted escape?
(a) They went on a protested march.
(b) They threw rocks at the KIng and his family.
(c) They slayed a number of noblemen.
(d) They ransacked the Tuileries.
6. Why were the assembly so disappointed in Necker?
(a) He had no specific reforms.
(b) His reforms benefited only the King.
(c) He spoke for only a few minutes.
(d) He attacked the assembly.
7. What did the mob do with the captured soldiers?
(a) Tortured them.
(b) Whipped them.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Imprisoned them.
8. What nationality did the King decide to pretend to be if they were going to escape Paris?
9. How does King Louis show his support for the new government?
(a) He dons their colors.
(b) He writes a newspaoer column.
(c) He chants their motto.
(d) He gives them money.
10. Who is in very bad health at the beginning of chapter twenty?
(a) The dauphin.
(b) The dauphin.
(c) King Louis XI.
11. What stopped the transport of grain into Paris?
(a) The tropical winds.
(b) The Paris riots.
(c) The freezing over of the river Seine.
(d) The tropical rains.
12. Why do members of the royal family and noblemen want to escape France?
(a) They fear they will be forced into a life of depravity.
(b) They fear they will be imprisoned.
(c) They fear the French citizens will kill them.
(d) They fear they will lose their positions.
13. What does Erickson say Antoinette was probably worried about during the assembly?
(a) Her health of her son.
(b) Her looming bankruptcy.
(c) Her lack of money.
(d) Her own health.
14. Who were the first group to call for Louis' execution?
(a) The Tudors.
(b) The Jacobins.
(c) The Petersens.
(d) The Elizabetheans.
15. What country's forces started to gather at the French border in 1792?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was war the last thing France needed?
2. Where did Jean's husband take the diamond to sell?
3. What was the name of the King's new finance minister?
4. What did the King spend his days doing at the Tuileries?
5. Why does Louis refuse to escape with Axel?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)