|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition did the dauphin suffer from?
(c) A misformed head.
(d) A deformed spine.
2. Who did Antoinette persuade to take over the position of finance minister?
(b) Jacques Necker.
(c) Axel Fresen.
(d) The King.
3. What was Antoinette trying to urge her husband to do at the beginning of chapter twenty two?
(a) Stay in Paris.
(b) Reinstate Necker.
(c) Ask the British for help.
(d) Leave Paris.
4. Who are converging in Paris for a meeting in chapter nineteen?
(a) Members of the Paris Parliament.
(b) Royal families throughout Europe.
(c) Members of the Estates General.
(d) Members of the worker's uniion.
5. What was the name of the King's new finance minister?
6. Who did Austria form an alliance with?
7. What did the King spend his days doing at the Tuileries?
(a) Drinking, smoking and taking drugs.
(b) Sleeping, reading and working at his hobbies.
(c) Playing golf and talking to his mistresses.
(d) Comforting his wife and playing with his children.
8. How did the Parisians react to the King's attempted escape?
(a) They went on a protested march.
(b) They threw rocks at the KIng and his family.
(c) They slayed a number of noblemen.
(d) They ransacked the Tuileries.
9. What is crushing the dauphin's internal organs?
(a) His hips.
(b) His spine.
(c) His ribs.
(d) His breast plates.
10. What is the name of the old Parisian fortress the protesters storm?
11. Why do members of the royal family and noblemen want to escape France?
(a) They fear they will be forced into a life of depravity.
(b) They fear the French citizens will kill them.
(c) They fear they will lose their positions.
(d) They fear they will be imprisoned.
12. What stopped the transport of grain into Paris?
(a) The tropical rains.
(b) The tropical winds.
(c) The Paris riots.
(d) The freezing over of the river Seine.
13. What was Lomenie de Brienne's position in the court?
(a) Chief whip.
(b) Chief advisor.
(c) Chief minister.
(d) Chief secretary.
14. What do the third estate leave the Estates General to form?
(a) The French Nationalist party.
(b) The Paris Parliament.
(c) The National Assembly.
(d) The National Liberals.
15. Who were the new local governments modeling themselves after?
(a) The London government.
(b) The Austrian government.
(c) The Prussian government.
(d) The Paris government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was King Louis referred to as once he had been stripped of his title?
2. Who did the King pledge his support to at the Bastille celebrations?
3. On what condition does King Louis say he would come to Paris?
4. Why does Louis refuse to escape with Axel?
5. What did the royal have to travel back to Paris to do each Sunday?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)