|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following were a political club formed in Paris around 1790?
(a) The Jacobins.
(b) The Balzacs.
(c) The Surrealists.
(d) The Bazins.
2. What were the Jacobins named after?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A Greek army.
(c) A church.
(d) A town.
3. What was the name of the King's new finance minister?
4. What was the first stages Antoinette took to prepare for their escape?
(a) Found schools for her children.
(b) Borrowed as much money as possible.
(c) Sent everything they would need in exile out of the country.
(d) Arranged for her brother to find them a place to live.
5. What was Lomenie de Brienne's position in the court?
(a) Chief minister.
(b) Chief advisor.
(c) Chief secretary.
(d) Chief whip.
6. Who are waiting at a town to help the royal family?
(a) A group of noblemen.
(b) A group of servants.
(c) A group of slaves.
(d) A group of soldiers.
7. What would the King spend his days doing at Fountainebleu?
(d) Talking to his advisors.
8. What is the name of the man who emerged as the leader of the most popular faction of the National Assembly?
(a) Van Damme.
9. Who is in very bad health at the beginning of chapter twenty?
(b) The dauphin.
(c) King Louis XI.
(d) The dauphin.
10. What did the King spend his days doing at the Tuileries?
(a) Comforting his wife and playing with his children.
(b) Sleeping, reading and working at his hobbies.
(c) Drinking, smoking and taking drugs.
(d) Playing golf and talking to his mistresses.
11. What did the pamphlets passed around court say about Antoinette?
(a) She was a great queen.
(b) She was a spy.
(c) Her supposed indecencies.
(d) She spoke badly about everyone.
12. What country's forces started to gather at the French border in 1792?
13. What did the royal have to travel back to Paris to do each Sunday?
(a) Pledge support for the constitution.
(b) Sacrifice a lamb.
(c) Dine publicy.
(d) Read from the Bible.
14. Who do the King and Queen think could still save them?
(a) The monarchies of Europe.
(b) The King's soldiers.
(c) The Austrian forces.
(d) Antoinette's family.
15. What was King Louis referred to as once he had been stripped of his title?
(a) Louie Windsor.
(b) Louis Krebs.
(c) Louis Capet.
(d) Jean Paul Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Antoinette trying to urge her husband to do at the beginning of chapter twenty two?
2. What did the King buy Antoinette for a gift?
3. What did the episode with Calome, leading to his resignation, say about the King's position within society?
4. What plots are uncovered in this section?
5. Why do Antoinette and her family only initially travel with two escorts?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)