|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the mob hurl at Antoinette and her family?
2. What country's border do Antoinette and her family travel to?
3. Who did the suspicious official call to help him reveal the King's identity?
(a) A judge.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
4. Why does Antoinette start wearing especially thick undergarments?
(a) To help withstand attacks with knives.
(b) To keep warm.
(c) To make out she was pregnant.
(d) To conceal weapons.
5. What member of the procession which met at the church of Notre Dame was met with silence?
(d) The King.
6. What does Erickson say swept France after the storming of Bastille?
(a) A great plague.
(b) A great sleep.
(c) A great hate.
(d) A great fear.
7. Who were members of the third estate?
(a) Property holders.
8. What is the name of the man who emerged as the leader of the most popular faction of the National Assembly?
(d) Van Damme.
9. What do the third estate leave the Estates General to form?
(a) The Paris Parliament.
(b) The French Nationalist party.
(c) The National Liberals.
(d) The National Assembly.
10. What attracts Antoinette to Axel?
(a) His rough manner.
(b) His sense of fashion.
(c) His simple manners.
(d) His sense of humor.
11. Who offers the King and his family help in escaping Paris in this section?
(b) Axel Fersen.
(d) The Austrians.
12. What did the episode with Calome, leading to his resignation, say about the King's position within society?
(a) He was ridiculed.
(b) He was utterly hated.
(c) He was virtually powerless.
(d) He was the verge of being assassinated.
13. What two countries did it look likely France would go to war with?
(a) Holland and England.
(b) Austria and Hungary.
(c) Russia and Ukraine.
(d) Germany and Denmark.
14. What did the King buy Antoinette for a gift?
(a) A palace.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A horse.
15. Why did the King storm out of the Paris parliament?
(a) They criticized the French court.
(b) They threw things at him.
(c) They refused to answer his questions.
(d) They spoke rudely about Antoinette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the pamphlets passed around court say about Antoinette?
2. Who were the first group to call for Louis' execution?
3. Who are converging in Paris for a meeting in chapter nineteen?
4. What did Mirabeau want in exchange for helping the king?
5. Why do members of the royal family and noblemen want to escape France?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)