|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of King Louis XV's mistress?
(a) Madame Antoinette.
(b) Madame de Lotto.
(c) Madame du Barry.
(d) Madame Theresa.
2. Which famous philosopher does Erickson quote in chapter eleven?
(a) Bertrude Russell.
(b) Fredrich Nietszche.
(c) David Hume.
(d) Immanuel Kant.
3. What kind of person is usually appointed as the palace page?
(a) A nobleman's son.
(b) A foreign member of royalty.
(c) A tradesman's son.
(d) A writer's son.
4. Why were French courtiers so vulnerable to fraudsters?
(a) They were always looking for ways to increase their power.
(b) They were always looking to go behind the king's back.
(c) They were always looking to marry
(d) They were always hanging around court.
5. What does Marie Antoinette do for exercise?
(b) Horse riding.
6. What does Antoinette drink everyday at the advice of her mother?
(a) Orange juise.
(c) Apple juice.
7. Who mostly sent Antoinette letters in her early years in France?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
8. What is the title of Artois's wife?
9. Why couldn't Elizabeth marry?
(a) She was too virtuous.
(b) She was too immature.
(c) She was too ugly.
(d) She was too ill.
10. What was Hume's opinion of Versailles?
(a) It was stunning.
(b) It was over-extravagant.
(c) It was a fairy tale.
(d) It was filthy.
11. Where was the dentist from who worked on Marie Antoinette's teeth?
12. Why did Antoinette need a dentist?
(a) To show her how to protect her teeth.
(b) To mold false teeth.
(c) To file back her teeth.
(d) To remove a bad tooth.
13. What did Marie Antoinette spend her mornings doing?
(a) Attending meetings.
(b) Giving speeches to schools.
(c) Greeting courtiers and ministers.
(d) Writing letters.
14. What was the title given to the heir of the French throne?
(b) Prince in waiting.
(c) First Baron.
15. How did the crown greet Antoinette and Louis in Paris?
(a) They stood in silence.
(b) They went on their knees and bowed their heads.
(c) They cheered them for thirty minutes.
(d) They jeered for an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Emperor Francis the perfect husband Maria Theresa claims he is?
2. What is the name of Maria Theresa's favorite son?
3. What does Marie and her husband dress their boys in?
4. What kind of stories does Maria not want the servants to tell her children?
5. What did Antoinette have to attend everyday with the King?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)