|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Antoinette official title during her early years at court?
(c) Queen Heir.
2. Why did Antoinette need a dentist?
(a) To show her how to protect her teeth.
(b) To mold false teeth.
(c) To file back her teeth.
(d) To remove a bad tooth.
3. What was the name of the Austrian envoy to France?
(a) Count Mercy.
(b) Minister Johnson.
(c) Minister Blamer.
(d) Count Fredrich.
4. What did Maria Theresa think her daughter was endangering by her behavior?
(a) Her afterlife.
(b) The alliance between Austria and France.
(c) Her marriage to Louis.
(d) The Holy Roman Empire.
5. Who did Antoinette like making fun of in private?
(a) The manual laborers.
(b) The courtiers over thirty.
(c) Her governess.
(d) King XVI.
6. What does Joseph despise about being a member of the royal family?
7. In which country did Antoinette marry Louis?
8. Who visits Antoinette in this section?
(a) Count Falkenstein.
(b) Marie Theresa.
(d) Her father.
9. What did the courtiers and the public often use the halls for?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A drinking area.
(c) Sword fights.
(d) Ball games.
10. Why were French courtiers so vulnerable to fraudsters?
(a) They were always looking for ways to increase their power.
(b) They were always hanging around court.
(c) They were always looking to marry
(d) They were always looking to go behind the king's back.
11. What does Antoinette drink everyday at the advice of her mother?
(a) Orange juise.
(d) Apple juice.
12. Why did Maurepas manufacture a rift with Austria?
(a) So France would not have to come to Austria's aid.
(b) To start a war with Austria.
(c) To stop Austria borrowing money.
(d) To encourage Austria to pay back the money they owed.
13. Which of the following does Erickson name as one of Louis' less desirable behaviors?
(d) Manual labor.
14. What was Madame de Noailles position at the court?
(a) The Lady in Waiting.
(b) The King's official mistress.
(c) Antoinette's cleaner.
(d) Antoinette's governess.
15. What is the name of the King Louis XVI's primary adviser?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Parisians protest in this section?
2. How did de Gnemenee finance his lavish lifestyle?
3. What did Antoinette stop doing after Joseph's visit?
4. Why does Joseph decide he will marry Josepha?
5. What is the one thing Erickson says King Louis XV had an understanding of?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)