|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the courtiers and the public often use the halls for?
(a) A drinking area.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) Sword fights.
(d) Ball games.
2. How does Antoinette give joy to the French nation in this section
(a) She rejects her Austrian heritage.
(b) She gives birth to a boy.
(c) She divorces the King.
(d) She throws a street party.
3. What do tourists notice the most about Venice?
(a) It is multicultural.
(b) It has no foreigners.
(c) It is clean.
(d) It is smelly.
4. What is the one thing Erickson says King Louis XV had an understanding of?
(a) The economy.
(c) Foreign affairs.
5. Why were court officials usually in debt?
(a) They did not know the meaning of money.
(b) They had to pay huge taxes.
(c) They had to maintain their lavish lifestyles.
(d) The King charged them for working for him,
6. What is the name of the King Louis XVI's primary adviser?
7. What does Joseph despise about being a member of the royal family?
8. What was the name of the Austrian envoy to France?
(a) Count Fredrich.
(b) Minister Blamer.
(c) Count Mercy.
(d) Minister Johnson.
9. What impresses Axel about Antoinette?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her fashion sense.
(c) Her lack of pretense.
(d) Her intelligence.
10. Why isn't Emperor Francis the perfect husband Maria Theresa claims he is?
(a) She is always sleeping.
(b) He never talks to his children.
(c) He runs after young girls.
(d) He beats his servants.
11. What do Parisians protest in this section?
(a) Antoinette's speding.
(b) The economic reforms.
(c) The price of milk.
(d) The price of bread.
12. In which country did Antoinette marry Louis?
13. Who did the Austrian envoy to France have to report to?
(a) Marie Theresa.
(b) Louis XV.
(d) Louis XVI.
14. What kind of stories does Maria not want the servants to tell her children?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Fantasy stories.
(c) Horror stories.
(d) Bible stories.
15. What was Emperor Francis doing when he heard news that his wife had gone into labor?
(b) Giving a speech.
(c) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the dentist from who worked on Marie Antoinette's teeth?
2. When did the servants clean Marie Antoinette's rooms?
3. What was the title given to the heir of the French throne?
4. What is Necker's position in the court?
5. Who visits Antoinette in this section?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)