|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Antoinette stop doing after Joseph's visit?
(a) Going about to Paris.
(b) Reading books.
(c) Continuing with her lovers.
(d) Taking drugs.
2. What did the King's mistress formerly do for a living?
(a) An athlete.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A writer.
(d) A chef.
3. What did the royal have to travel back to Paris to do each Sunday?
(a) Pledge support for the constitution.
(b) Read from the Bible.
(c) Sacrifice a lamb.
(d) Dine publicy.
4. Which famous philosopher does Erickson quote in chapter eleven?
(a) Fredrich Nietszche.
(b) David Hume.
(c) Bertrude Russell.
(d) Immanuel Kant.
5. What was Madame de Noailles position at the court?
(a) Antoinette's governess.
(b) The King's official mistress.
(c) Antoinette's cleaner.
(d) The Lady in Waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important person dies at the end of this section?
2. What did the episode with Calome, leading to his resignation, say about the King's position within society?
3. What did the King spend his days doing at the Tuileries?
4. What was the name of the palace the royal family visited during the week?
5. What is the first name of the man who invented the guillotine?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)