|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the King buy Antoinette for a gift?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A horse.
(c) A palace.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. What does Marie Antoinette do for exercise?
(b) Horse riding.
3. Who did the King pledge his support to at the Bastille celebrations?
(a) The Catholic church.
(b) The French Parliament.
(c) The National Assembly
(d) The Jacobins.
4. Which member of the court became bankrupt?
(a) Duke Edmond.
(b) Dauphine Gordola.
(c) Lady Heritage.
(d) Prince de Guemenee.
5. Why is Joseph so critical of the French court?
(a) It is anti-religious.
(b) It is too extravagent.
(c) It has no soul.
(d) It is too cheap.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which estate does the King choose the members?
2. What is Necker's position in the court?
3. Who did Antoinette persuade to take over the position of finance minister?
4. What did the courtiers and the public often use the halls for?
5. What was Hume's opinion of Versailles?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)