• Maria Antoinette is the fifteenth child of Maria Theresa and Emperor Francis of Austria. Her early life was unremarkable and despite an excellent education, she proved an average student.
• Nevertheless, Queen Maria Theresa was a strong mother and imbued her children with a sense of discipline and morality.
• As Maria Antoinette's sisters left home to marry unattractive nobleman, Marie must have expected the worse. It wasn't to be. Her incredible good looks attracted the attentions of the French courts and soon she was engaged to the Dauphin of France.
• Preparations were made to teach Marie Antoinette the ways of the French court and perfect French.
Chapters 4 and 5
• Her future husband Louis was neither a perfect husband material nor a good heir to the throne. As well as being shy and overweight, he was seen as unintelligent and worse of all uninterested in sex.
• As can be...
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)