|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Marx and Engels view their theory of history?
(a) They saw it as one model among many.
(b) They never doubted it would succeed.
(c) They wondered whether they had underestimated the greed of the lower classes.
(d) They knew it was a fantasy.
2. How did Taine examine works of literature?
(a) As living experiences.
(b) As historical way posts.
(c) As living spiritual events.
(d) As specimens.
3. When did Marx express the desire to help humanity?
(a) In elementary school essays.
(b) In the final exams for high school.
(c) In his graduate thesis.
(d) In his political activism.
4. What was Engels converted to in Cologne?
(c) Political activity.
5. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
(a) Benefit by the oppression of the poor.
(b) Are the majority of people.
(c) Own the means of production.
(d) Are not in touch with the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosopher did Engels become interested in when he was in Berlin?
2. According to Edmund Wilson, Saint-Simon represented______________.
3. What does Edmund Wilson say about the French artists' and intellectuals' engagement with politics after Louis Bonaparte became Emperor in 1851?
4. How do Marx and Engels describe the bourgeoisie?
5. What thinker did Marx return to after he broke with Proudhon?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)