|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
2. Who converted Engels in Cologne?
3. How does Edmund Wilson characterize Bakunin's career?
(a) He wrote extensively, but he never participated in a political movement.
(b) He became a close ally of Marx's and was responsible for spreading Marx's ideas internationally.
(c) He spent his life trying to be part of revolutions in Europe.
(d) He made a name for himself as the actor who would fulfill Marx's prophecies.
4. What work did Engels have to finish when Marx died?
(a) "Das Kapital."
(b) Explaining Marx's theory to the socialists.
(c) "The Condition of the Working Class in England."
(d) Defining the master-slave dialectic.
5. When did Marx finish the first volume of Das Kapital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michelet trying to develop when he discovered the Renaissance philosopher?
2. Where did the "dialectic" in dialectic materialism come from?
3. Edmund Wilson relates that Babeuf worked at __________.
4. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
5. What organization did Lassalle establish?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)