|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French philosopher influenced both Fourier and Owen?
(d) de Sade.
2. According to the author, what ended with the French Revolution?
3. What did Fourier and Owen believed about wealth?
(a) It should be equally distributed to all.
(b) It should be given to the poor and weak.
(c) It should be distributed too all based on a formula.
(d) It should be kept by the strong and the powerful.
4. Where did Michelet go during his travels through Europe?
5. When was Jules Michelet teaching?
(a) The 1850s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1820s.
(d) The 1880s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did Marx attend?
2. What did La Scienza Nuova do for Michelet?
3. How were Fourier and Owen representative of early nineteenth century thinkers?
4. What was Saint-Simon's theory of history?
5. What did Engels see as a sign of the workers' poor working conditions?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)