|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the "Communist Manifesto" described?
(a) The tools for bringing a revolution.
(b) The methods a revolutionary party should employ.
(c) A legal defense of a workers' revolution.
(d) A post-revolutionary society.
2. How does Edmund Wilson describe the relationship between Marx and Engels?
(a) Marx gave Engels structure and inspiration.
(b) Marx kept Engels from going stray.
(c) Engels gave Marx support.
(d) Engels gave Marx intellectual seriousness and political zeal.
3. What did La Scienza Nuova do for Michelet?
(a) It allowed him to tie all branches of science together.
(b) It gave him a new religious perspective on the origin of the universe.
(c) It gave him a new standard for validating experimental results.
(d) It let him tell a new and different history of France.
4. What did Michelet write after he had become the Conservator of the French Archives?
(a) The Insect.
(b) Roman History.
(c) History of the Middle Ages.
(d) Introduction to Universal History.
5. What did Jules Michelet teach?
(a) Biology and natural sciences.
(d) Philosophy and history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marx decide to leave Germany?
2. What were Marx and Engels trying to define after writing "The Condition of the Working Class in England"?
3. According to Wilson, why did the theory by Marx and Engels create "strange situations"?
4. What was Marx's passion while he was studying law?
5. Where did the "dialectic" in dialectic materialism come from?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)