|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prosper Enfantin was a follower of whom?
(c) Fourier and Owens.
2. Where were most French artists and thinkers living in the early 1850s?
(a) In London.
(b) In exile.
(c) In Munich.
(d) In Paris.
3. Where did the "dialectic" in dialectic materialism come from?
4. Marx began to work with Proudhon, who had written _____________.
(a) A book treating property as a form of theft.
(b) Newspaper articles on the working poor.
(c) Political prophecies.
(d) A series of essays on capital.
5. Where does stability come from in dialectic materialism?
(a) The fusion of thesis and antithesis.
(b) The consensus among involved parties.
(c) The emergence of a new power.
(d) The seizure of power by a faction that can hold it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Marx and Engels describe the proletariat?
2. What was Michelet trying to develop when he discovered the Renaissance philosopher?
3. What does Edmund Wilson examine from the Middle Ages?
4. According to the author, Michelet's writings demonstrate _____________.
5. What made Michelet unique?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)