|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Michelet want to create?
(a) A congress of industrial leaders.
(b) An international monetary fund.
(c) A European army to keep workers in line.
(d) An armed peace league.
2. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
(a) Roman History.
(b) The Insect.
(c) Introduction to Universal History.
3. What did Michelet study in history?
(a) The personalities that played a role in it.
(b) The range of religious expression.
(c) Technology's influence on the means of production.
(d) The theories that unified all history into one narrative.
4. What did Babeuf do when he got out of prison?
(a) Joined the underground.
(b) Began to use violence as a political tool.
(c) Went into exile.
(d) Wrote incendiary political tracts.
5. What were Michelet's other books like after his History of France?
(a) Longer, and more confusing.
(b) Smaller, but more visionary.
(c) Longer, and more detailed.
(d) Smaller, but more detailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marx and Engels combine with the goals of the utopian socialists?
2. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
3. What happened to Michelet's interest in nations?
4. How does Edmund Wilson describe the relationship between Marx and Engels?
5. What did Fourier and Owen believed about wealth?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)