|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michelet go during his travels through Europe?
2. What did La Scienza Nuova do for Michelet?
(a) It let him tell a new and different history of France.
(b) It allowed him to tie all branches of science together.
(c) It gave him a new religious perspective on the origin of the universe.
(d) It gave him a new standard for validating experimental results.
3. What did Michelet focus on in his histories?
4. What was Taine distancing himself from in his work?
5. What language did Michelet NOT read?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
2. What did Michelet study in history?
3. What does Edmund Wilson examine from the Middle Ages?
4. What was the subject of Renan's The Future of Science?
5. What name was ultimately given to the line of thought Michelet developed?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)