|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
(a) Own the means of production.
(b) Are not in touch with the people.
(c) Are the majority of people.
(d) Benefit by the oppression of the poor.
2. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
(a) In Freud.
(b) In Marx.
(c) In Marcuse.
(d) In Darwin.
3. What was Michelet trying to develop when he discovered the Renaissance philosopher?
(a) A theory of gravity.
(b) A new basis for poetry.
(c) A new science of history.
(d) A theory of evolution.
4. What organization did Michelet want to create?
(a) An international monetary fund.
(b) A congress of industrial leaders.
(c) A European army to keep workers in line.
(d) An armed peace league.
5. What did La Scienza Nuova describe?
(a) A new approach to history.
(b) A new standard for evidence and experimentation.
(c) A new approach to scientific inquiry.
(d) A new model for gravity and the evolution of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
2. What name was ultimately given to the line of thought Michelet developed?
3. What was Michelet's relationship with socialism?
4. Where did Michelet go during his travels through Europe?
5. What did Michelet write after he had become the Conservator of the French Archives?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)