|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
2. What did Taine study after 1871, when the Commune was established?
(a) Politics and economics.
(b) Science and religion.
(c) Philosophy and language.
(d) Mysticism and spirituality.
3. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
(a) The masses would one day seize the means of production.
(b) The French Revolution was inseparable from developments in economic theory.
(c) The French Revolution was really a story about the development of military technology.
(d) The people were more important than the leaders.
4. When was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
5. Where were most French artists and thinkers living in the early 1850s?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In exile.
(c) In Munich.
(d) In London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michelet's relationship with Marx and Engels?
2. What happened to Michelet's interest in nations?
3. According to the author, what happened to the bourgeoisie after the French Revolution?
4. What did Jules Michelet teach?
5. What does Edmund Wilson say Taine tried to represent in his history?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)