|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michelet describe about each social class?
(a) Its interdependence with the other classes.
(b) Its lack of connection with the earth.
(c) Its unity with the other classes.
(d) Its unique pressures and fears.
2. How does Edmund Wilson describe Anatole France?
(a) As a Catholic.
(b) As a reformer.
(c) As a radical.
(d) As a racist.
3. What did Taine believe about the French Revolution?
(a) It would end in totalitarianism.
(b) It was evidence of corrections taking place.
(c) It was evidence of a workers' state coming into existence.
(d) It was the beginning of the Communist Revolution.
4. What did La Scienza Nuova do for Michelet?
(a) It gave him a new religious perspective on the origin of the universe.
(b) It gave him a new standard for validating experimental results.
(c) It allowed him to tie all branches of science together.
(d) It let him tell a new and different history of France.
5. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
(a) The Insect.
(c) Introduction to Universal History.
(d) Roman History.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michelet's relationship with socialism?
2. What value does Edmund Wilson attribute to Michelet's work?
3. What did Michelet study in history?
4. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
5. How does Michelet define the relations between the classes?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)