|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michelet believed the history of the 19th century was summed up by _________.
(a) Religion, technology, and militarism.
(b) Expansionism, militarism, and scientific progress.
(c) Capitalism, militarism, and colonialism.
(d) Industrialism, militarism, and socialism.
2. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(d) Da Vinci.
3. What made Michelet unique?
(a) He wrote in the language of the ordinary man.
(b) He injected his own feelings into his historical narrative.
(c) He saw the interrelatedness of all life.
(d) He described the underlying unity of historical themes.
4. What did Michelet write after he had become the Conservator of the French Archives?
(a) The Insect.
(b) Roman History.
(c) History of the Middle Ages.
(d) Introduction to Universal History.
5. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
(a) The masses would one day seize the means of production.
(b) The people were more important than the leaders.
(c) The French Revolution was inseparable from developments in economic theory.
(d) The French Revolution was really a story about the development of military technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
2. Why was Michelet suspended from his teaching post?
3. According to the author, Michelet's writings would reappear ___________.
4. What name was ultimately given to the line of thought Michelet developed?
5. What did La Scienza Nuova describe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)