|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund Wilson examine from the Middle Ages?
(a) The development of a notion of humanity as a transcendent unity.
(b) The emergence of the idea of nations.
(c) The development of a theory of history.
(d) The emergence of the notion that man could improve himself.
2. What did La Scienza Nuova describe?
(a) A new standard for evidence and experimentation.
(b) A new approach to scientific inquiry.
(c) A new model for gravity and the evolution of the universe.
(d) A new approach to history.
3. What did Michelet say about the French Revolution?
(a) The people were more important than the leaders.
(b) The French Revolution was really a story about the development of military technology.
(c) The masses would one day seize the means of production.
(d) The French Revolution was inseparable from developments in economic theory.
4. According to the author, what happened to the bourgeoisie after the French Revolution?
(a) They became the capitalist owners.
(b) They retained their power.
(c) They were reduced to workers.
(d) They became entrepreneurs.
5. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
(a) Roman History.
(b) The Insect.
(d) Introduction to Universal History.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Michelet begin his work on the French Revolution?
2. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
3. What organization did Michelet want to create?
4. What did Jules Michelet teach?
5. Michelet said that the bourgeoisie __________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)