|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Michelet want to create?
(a) A European army to keep workers in line.
(b) An international monetary fund.
(c) A congress of industrial leaders.
(d) An armed peace league.
2. How does Michelet define the relations between the classes?
(a) Based on the ability to seize power.
(b) Based on greed.
(c) Based on fear of the class below.
(d) Based on envy of the class above.
3. What did Michelet write after he had become the Conservator of the French Archives?
(a) The Insect.
(b) Roman History.
(c) History of the Middle Ages.
(d) Introduction to Universal History.
4. Where did Michelet begin his work on the French Revolution?
(a) With feudalism.
(b) With Locke and Rousseau.
(c) With the Rights of Man.
(d) With the American Revolution.
5. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(c) Da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Michelet's other books like after his History of France?
2. What happened to Michelet's interest in nations?
3. What was Michelet's relationship with Marx and Engels?
4. What was the subject of Renan's The Future of Science?
5. What did Michelet study in history?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)