|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jules Michelet teaching?
(a) The 1820s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1850s.
2. What did Michelet write about beginning in 1843?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The evolution of history.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The Italian Revolution.
3. What language did Michelet NOT read?
4. What name was ultimately given to the line of thought Michelet developed?
(a) Re-oriented natural history.
(d) Natural selection.
5. What did Michelet write as a result of his reading in the Renaissance?
(a) The Insect.
(b) Roman History.
(c) Introduction to Universal History.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Michelet go during his travels through Europe?
2. What organization did Michelet want to create?
3. What was the subject of Renan's The Future of Science?
4. What did Michelet write after he had become the Conservator of the French Archives?
5. What made Michelet unique?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)