|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in particular appalled Engels about the workers' conditions?
(a) Their subservience to the masters.
(b) Their lack of education.
(c) Their cruelty to each other.
(d) Their accidents and illnesses.
2. What did Engels see as a sign of the workers' poor working conditions?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) Their lack of gaiety.
(c) Their productivity.
(d) Their religiousness.
3. What was Taine distancing himself from in his work?
4. How did Marx first hear of Engels?
(a) He met him by chance.
(b) Engels sought him out for help with an article.
(c) He met him through friends.
(d) He read one of his articles.
5. How does Edmund Wilson describe Taine's approach to history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Engels have to finish when Marx died?
2. How does Edmund Wilson characterize for Taine the difference between history and science?
3. What kind of approach toward the study of economics did Marx take?
4. What does Edmund Wilson say Taine tried to represent in his history?
5. What is Marx's fundamental critique of capitalists?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)