Part 1, Chapters 1-2
1. When was Jules Michelet teaching?
(a) The 1850s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1820s.
2. What did Jules Michelet teach?
(b) Philosophy and history.
(d) Biology and natural sciences.
3. What Renaissance thinker did Michelet discover?
(a) Da Vinci.
4. What was Michelet trying to develop when he discovered the Renaissance philosopher?
(a) A theory of gravity.
(b) A new science of history.
(c) A new basis for poetry.
(d) A theory of evolution.
5. What name was ultimately given to the line of thought Michelet developed?
(c) Re-oriented natural history.
(d) Natural selection.
6. What did La Scienza Nuova describe?
(a) A new model for gravity and the evolution of the universe.
(b) A new standard for evidence and experimentation.
(c) A new approach to scientific inquiry.
(d) A new approach to history.
7. What did La Scienza Nuova examine?
(a) The factors that led to the development of societies.
(b) The inevitable lifecycle of imperial cultures.
(c) The factors that determined which species would survive.
(d) The factors that allowed republican nations to turn into empires.
This section contains 5,226 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)