|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy in the hospital during the war signal enemy planes?
(a) With matches.
(b) With a short-wave radio.
(c) With mirrors.
(d) With a bonfire.
2. What does Sami admit about Rami?
(a) Rami's real name is Yazdi.
(b) Rami is his grandson.
(c) Rami is his son.
(d) Rami's father is in the underground.
3. Near what area are Ora and Avram?
(a) Near Haifa.
(b) Near Ramla.
4. What do Ora and Sami never discuss?
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their fathers.
5. What does Avram say the pill will soon do?
(a) Knock him out.
(c) Relieve his anxiety.
(d) Relieve his pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the first time Ilan leaves Ora?
2. What is Rami's problem?
3. How does Avram respond to her offer?
4. To what does Sami admit after they pass the checkpoint?
5. Why does Avram say he cannot do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ora feel about Avram's response to the answer in question #26 and what does he think about as he considers her question?
2. Why does he go to sleep in her room and what do they discuss when he wakes again?
3. What does Sami say when he returns to the phone?
4. What nightmare does Ora have, what does she feel when she wakes and what does she say to Avram about Ofer?
5. Why is Ora annoyed and what does Avram like about their meetings?
6. How does Sami react when Ora drags Avram to the car?
7. Why does Ora want Sami to make the trip and how does she try to ease the tension as they are driving?
8. What makes Ora realize she has to make amends with Sami?
9. What does Sami admit about the young boy and where do they take him?
10. What does Sami ask Ora to conceal from Ilan?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)