|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rami's problem?
(a) He is avoiding the draft.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is from Syria.
(d) Something wrong with his digestive system.
2. What does Ora decide to tell Avram?
(a) About how Ilan treated her.
(b) That Ofer is his son.
(c) That Ofer is not really his son.
(d) About Ofer.
3. What does Avram say the pill will soon do?
(b) Knock him out.
(c) Relieve his pain.
(d) Relieve his anxiety.
4. What urge does Ora fight as she shops with Ofer?
(a) To run down the road screaming.
(b) To cry.
(c) To ask about their strained relationship.
(d) To buy Ofer everything he could possibly need.
5. What does Ora tell Avram they are going to do?
(a) Wait for the authorities.
(b) Find Sami.
(c) Sleep a little longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ora do when Sami plays the radio loudly?
2. What does Ofer say is needed more of by his unit?
3. What does Ora have to do to find peace about asking Sami to drive Ofer to Gilboa?
4. What does Sami say when he returns to the phone call with Ora?
5. What does she beg him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ofer chastise his mother?
2. What did Ora do after she found out Avram knew about Adam and what does Avram say about a nurse in the hospital? What is Ora's response to his story about the nurse?
3. What does he find the next night when he returns to her room and what do they do?
4. What does Ora recall about the first time Ilan left her and conceiving Adam?
5. Where are Ora and Avram as the sun rises and how did they get there?
6. What does Ora tell Avram they are going to do and what is his response?
7. What happens when Ora is watching the news at 9 that night?
8. What does Sami admit about the young boy and where do they take him?
9. Where do Ora and Ofer go when they get to the meeting point?
10. What did Ora think upon first seeing Avram the night before?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)