|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ora's body hurt?
(a) She was beat up by some Arabs.
(b) She slept on a lumpy mattress.
(c) She carried Avram down some stairs and through fields.
(d) She fell down a bluff.
2. Where does Ofer have to be taken?
(a) Near Gilboa.
(b) To the military base outside Tel Aviv.
(c) Back to the West Bank.
(d) Near Haifa.
3. Where does Sami leave Rami?
(a) Near Gaza.
(b) At the side of the rode.
(c) At an elementary school.
(d) At a hospital.
4. Why does Ora hurry Avram along?
(a) She does not want to be out in the noon day heat.
(b) She feels a pain.
(c) She is afraid of an attack.
(d) She is hungry.
5. What does Sami ask Ora not to tell Ilan?
(a) That Ora paid Sami a bonus.
(b) That Ora is with Sami.
(c) That Ora was in a cab with an illegal alien.
(d) That he accidentally hit Ora.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year during which the prologue is set?
2. What does she do every night?
3. What does Ora hear in Sami's voice?
4. Why does he yell at her?
5. What does Avram wake Ora to ask?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does he find the next night when he returns to her room and what do they do?
2. What happens when Ora is watching the news at 9 that night?
3. What does Ora worry about concerning Avram, but what does she believe about him?
4. How does Sami react when Ora drags Avram to the car?
5. Where are Ora and Avram as the sun rises and how did they get there?
6. What does Sami say when he returns to the phone?
7. Why does he yell at her to be quiet and how does she react?
8. What nightmare does Ora have, what does she feel when she wakes and what does she say to Avram about Ofer?
9. Why does Ofer chastise his mother?
10. How does Ofer try to reach out to his mother and what is her thought about their interaction?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)