|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ora tell Avram she cannot do?
(a) Return to Haifa.
(b) Stay in one place too long.
(c) Forgive Sami.
(d) Carry him any further.
2. What does Sami say when Ora calls him and asks him to drive her to Tel Aviv?
(a) He does not want to speak to her ever again.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He will be right over.
3. What does Rami need?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A fake passport.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A new assignment.
4. What is one thing she and he discuss when he wakes?
(a) Their life before moving to Israel.
(b) The government.
(c) Their illnesses.
5. What does Ofer try to do while he and Ora are shopping?
(a) Comfort Ora.
(b) Fill her in on what he left out earlier.
(c) Pretend to be happy.
(d) Pretend that all is good in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Avram think of as being snobbish?
2. How old is she in the flashback in the Prologue?
3. What does Ora have with her as she waits for Sami?
4. What does Ora hear in Sami's voice?
5. Why does Ora's body hurt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sami react when Ora drags Avram to the car?
2. Who is with Sami when he arrives at Ora's home?
3. What does Ora recall about the first time Ilan left her and conceiving Adam?
4. What does Ora do with the young boy and what does Sami say about him?
5. What did Ora do after she found out Avram knew about Adam and what does Avram say about a nurse in the hospital? What is Ora's response to his story about the nurse?
6. Why does Ofer chastise his mother?
7. What does Ora say about Ada and how does Avram respond?
8. What does Sami say when he returns to the phone?
9. What does Sami admit about the young boy and where do they take him?
10. What does he find the next night when he returns to her room and what do they do?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)