|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ora fear as she is cooking the evening after leaving Ofer?
(a) Ilan will know who Ofer is.
(b) She will be informed of Ofer's death.
(c) Avram will not come to her.
(d) She will always be alone.
2. In what room does Avram stay?
3. Why does Avram refuse to go out with a nurse at the hospital who asks him?
(a) He loves another nurse.
(b) He is still in love with Ora.
(c) He is married.
(d) He is impotent.
4. What color is everything in her dream?
5. To what does Sami admit after they pass the checkpoint?
(a) Rami is an illegal alien.
(b) That Sami is moving away.
(c) That Rami is his illegitimate son.
(d) That Ofer was rude to Sami.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ora notice about Avram?
2. What does Avram ask Ora when he calls?
3. What does Ora have to do to find peace about asking Sami to drive Ofer to Gilboa?
4. What does she beg him to do?
5. Where does Sami say he is taking Rami?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ora do with the young boy and what does Sami say about him?
2. How does Sami react when Ora drags Avram to the car?
3. Why does Ora want Sami to make the trip and how does she try to ease the tension as they are driving?
4. How does Ora feel about Ofer forgetting a man in a freezer, what does Illan do about her reaction?
5. What does Sami ask Ora to conceal from Ilan?
6. What does Ora say about Ada and how does Avram respond?
7. Why did Avram jump from a tree, what did Ora say to him and his soul and what did Ilan tell Avram about Ora loving him?
8. How does Ofer try to reach out to his mother and what is her thought about their interaction?
9. What did Avram ask Ora when he awoke, what was her response and what was his response?
10. How does Ora find out why the doctor wrote in her notebook and why did he do it?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)