|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ora pray for when she becomes pregnant a second time?
(a) That Adam would love her.
(c) That Ilan would finally love her.
(d) A girl.
2. What does Ora say she and Ilan changed in Avram's mother's house?
(a) They knocked out several walls.
(b) They redesigned the kitchen.
(c) Almost nothing.
(d) They repainted with very different colors.
3. What is one thing Ora wrote to Avram?
(a) She was angry with him for injuring himself.
(b) She is marrying a man named Chaim.
(c) Ilan is distraught at Avram's injuries.
(d) He would always be her soul mate.
4. Why does Ora attack Avram?
(a) For saying he wanted her to miscarry when she is pregnant with Ofer.
(b) For saying Ofer is not his.
(c) For saying he loves Ilan more than Ora.
(d) For punishing her and Ofer for so many years.
5. Why is Ora distraught about what Neta leaves on Avram's phone?
(a) Ora is afraid Avram will have a relapse.
(b) Ora does not want Avram to have a child with Neta.
(c) Ora is afraid Avram will leave Ora to go help Neta.
(d) Ora does not want Avram to go back to Neta.
6. What did Avram pray when Ora was pregnant the second time?
(a) Avram did not know when Ora was pregnant a second time.
(b) That it would be twins.
(c) That the child would be a girl.
(d) That she would miscarry.
7. What upsets Ofer when he is six?
(a) Ilan tells him he is not his son.
(b) Ora tells him she must go away for a while.
(c) Stories about the slaughter of dogs in China.
(d) Stories about the persecution of the Jews.
8. Why is Ora disappointed when Avram lets her go?
(a) He says he is involved with another woman.
(b) He does not want to make love to her.
(c) He says to go get her loving from Ilan.
(d) He is passive towards her.
9. How does Adam begin talking when Ilan begins to pay more attention to Ofer?
(a) He stops talking.
(b) In complete sentences from the day he started speaking.
(c) In baby talk.
(d) In rhymes.
10. What is one reason Avram thinks this trip is good for him?
(a) His hair is losing its grey.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He is feeling happy.
(d) He has cut in half the amount of pills he takes.
11. Where does Ora go at 5:30 am?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The public baths.
(c) The police station.
(d) The health spa.
12. What does Avram say will always protect Ofer?
(a) Avram's bargain with God.
(b) Ora's love and generosity.
(c) Avram's need to see Ofer.
(d) Ilan's kindness to Ofer over the years.
13. Why does Ilan make love to Ora shortly before Ofer's birth?
(a) To punish Ofer.
(b) To punish Ora.
(c) To be Ofer's father.
(d) To feel close to Avram.
14. What does Ora think Ofer is more suited to than she is?
(a) Life in Israel.
(b) Being kind.
(c) Keeping quiet.
(d) Soothing people.
15. How long does Ofer take to build it?
(a) Three months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ofer and Adam want to go after Ofer's service time?
2. What always happens to Ofer when Adam is around Ofer?
3. What does Avarm say he never imagined?
4. Where is Ora when the book ends?
5. Why does Ora think Ofer gives up being a vegetarian?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)