|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing she and he discuss when he wakes?
(b) The government.
(c) Their illnesses.
(d) Their life before moving to Israel.
2. What does Ora tell Avram they are going to do?
(b) Wait for the authorities.
(c) Find Sami.
(d) Sleep a little longer.
3. What does Rami need?
(a) A new assignment.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A fake passport.
(d) A doctor.
4. Who is Sami?
(a) The cab driver.
(b) An Israeli soldier.
(c) The doctor.
(d) A professor at a university in Haifa.
5. What does he enjoy making her do?
6. What leaves him exhausted?
(b) The journey from his room.
(c) Running away.
(d) His anxiety.
7. In what room does Avram stay?
8. Who is Rami?
(a) The sick boy.
(b) Sami's youngest son.
(c) The elderly Arab man.
(d) The Arab soldier.
9. Why does Ora try to distract Avram?
(a) To help pass the time.
(b) So he will not notice where they are walking.
(c) So he will not think about Ofer.
(d) So he will not get scared.
10. Where does Sami say he is taking Rami?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the induction office.
(c) To Rami's family.
(d) To visit her granddaughter.
11. What is Rami's problem?
(a) He is from Syria.
(b) Something wrong with his digestive system.
(c) He is avoiding the draft.
(d) He is blind.
12. Why does Avram say he cannot do?
(a) Travel with Ofer.
(b) Be alone at this time.
(c) Meet Ofer.
(d) Travel with Ora.
13. What is he unable to do?
(a) Make her love him.
(b) Share her fears.
(c) Share her dreams.
(d) Stay awake.
14. To what does Sami admit after they pass the checkpoint?
(a) That Sami is moving away.
(b) That Ofer was rude to Sami.
(c) That Rami is his illegitimate son.
(d) Rami is an illegal alien.
15. Why does Ora say she needs to talk about Ofer?
(a) To not be nervous.
(b) To feel close to Ofer.
(c) To know he's safe.
(d) To give him strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avram wake Ora to ask?
2. Who does Avram think of as being snobbish?
3. Of what does Sami assure Ora?
4. What does Sami admit about Rami?
5. Why does Ora's body hurt?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)