|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many inhabitants spoke English as the native tongue in 1988, according to Chapter 4, "Building Bridges"?
2. What did Ayers suggest should be the center of knowledge?
(a) Standardized tests.
(b) The child and the classroom.
3. According to Ayers, what are standardized tests?
(b) A great measurement tool.
4. Who described an astonishing process while teaching a course "The Art of Black English"?
(a) John Holt.
(b) Gilbert Ryle.
(c) June Jordan.
(d) Lisa Delpit.
5. According to Ayers, what does good teaching demand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayers take away from a seven year old in the lunch room at P.S. 269?
2. Who assigns numbers to textbooks linking books to "grade-level"?
3. How do students often meet the curriculum as suggested by Ayers?
4. What grade levels were standardized testing banned around the nation?
5. What was the most recent standardized test Ayers took?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)