|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of William Ayers mentors?
(a) June Jordan.
(b) John Holt.
(c) Denise Price.
(d) Gilbert Ryle.
2. In Chapter 6, "Keeping Track," what is the process of narrowing, punishing, and controlling from the outside that too often passed for assessment?
3. What is a set of techniques and directions to be mastered discussed in Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching"?
4. What did Ayers consider people were when people, no matter how professional, were given the power to set a standard?
5. In Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what instrument did Bear play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which culture required that each boy kill a lion and be circumcised in order to become a man?
2. In Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching," who suggested to "go into yourself"?
3. What did Zayd want to get like Crazy Horse?
4. How do students often meet the curriculum as suggested by Ayers?
5. Who must be autobiographers and be authentic suggested by Ayers?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ayers, how do teachers become students to their students?
2. Explain the themes of Fratney described by Ayers.
3. What are Ayers's feelings on standardized tests?
4. What does Ayers say greatness in teaching requires?
5. Describe Ayers's quest in teaching.
6. In Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching," what problems occurred when teachers tried to implement a new idea every day?
7. What are some ways that teachers can keep track of student achievement according to Ayers?
8. What were Ayers's feelings during the Illinois Teachers Basic Skills Test?
9. In Chapter 5, "Liberating the Curriculum," what did Sarah's mother discuss?
10. In Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," describe Zayd's "coming of age" discoveries.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)