|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Keeping Track," what is the process of narrowing, punishing, and controlling from the outside that too often passed for assessment?
2. In Chapter 7, "Mystery of Teaching," who told a remarkable story of learning to read as a subversive activity?
3. Who argued that standardized achievement tests are problematic due to their "exaggerated importance"?
(a) Herb Zimiles.
(b) William Ayers.
(c) John Holt.
(d) Lillian Weber.
4. In Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what instrument did Bear play?
5. What does great teaching demand according to Ayers?
(a) An openness to something new.
(b) Unique perspectives.
(c) An openness to standardized testing.
(d) An close-mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many intercom interruptions occurred in the first four hours at P.S. 269?
2. Who believed that "human beings spent their lives weaving webs of significance"?
3. Who must be autobiographers and be authentic suggested by Ayers?
4. Who described an astonishing process while teaching a course "The Art of Black English"?
5. What city is La Escuela Fratney located?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)