|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who described an astonishing process while teaching a course "The Art of Black English"?
(a) June Jordan.
(b) Gilbert Ryle.
(c) Lisa Delpit.
(d) John Holt.
2. Who believed that "human beings spent their lives weaving webs of significance"?
(a) Gomer Pyle.
(b) Lisa Delpit.
(c) June Jordan.
(d) Gilbert Ryle.
3. Ayers said that someone is required to lay the first plank for what?
4. Ayers believes that what is more than pieces of information, more than subject matter, more even than the disciplines?
(b) Course work.
5. What level of teachers needed to visit and revisit the regular curriculum question regularly?
(a) College teachers.
(b) High school teachers.
(c) Elementary school teachers.
(d) Middle school teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who noted that experience and education were not the same thing?
2. What, as suggested by Ayers, is a matter of solidarity between subjects and human beings?
3. What was the most recent standardized test Ayers took?
4. What is a great motivator for student ceremonies according to Chapter 4, "Building Bridges"?
5. What does Ayers suggest is a highly personal and an intensely intimate encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ayers suggest people meet the problem of guidelines and mandates?
2. Describe Ayers's quest in teaching.
3. How did Ayers describe Zayd's pursuing of his "coming of age" ceremony?
4. In Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what did the second grade newsletter contain?
5. What can't standardized tests measure?
6. Describe the corner Ayers's classroom where students would have had access to materials regarding "coming of age."
7. What were Ayers's feelings during the Illinois Teachers Basic Skills Test?
8. According to Ayers, how do teachers become students to their students?
9. Explain the themes of Fratney described by Ayers.
10. What does Ayers say greatness in teaching requires?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)