|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a set of techniques and directions to be mastered discussed in Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching"?
2. Who founded the Hull House?
3. What did Ayers suggest should be the center of knowledge?
(a) Standardized tests.
(d) The child and the classroom.
4. What allows teachers to see what students are up to while asking them to do the work themselves?
(a) Project-based learning.
(b) Standardized testing.
(c) Classroom practice work.
5. What grade levels were standardized testing banned around the nation?
(a) Kindergarten and 1st grade.
(b) 11th and 12th grade.
(c) Kindergarten- 2nd grade.
(d) 2-5 grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the root word for evaluation discussed in Chapter 6, "Keeping Track"?
2. Ayers stated that ________________________ is more dogmatic and insistent than any religion or political ideology.
3. How do students often meet the curriculum as suggested by Ayers?
4. In Chapter 5, "Liberating the Curriculum," which college was referenced in a conversation Zelma participated in?
5. Who was one of William Ayers mentors?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)