|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argued that as soon as an actor believed she or he was "master of the part, rigor mortis is already set in"?
(c) Jane Addams.
2. Who was a veteran teacher that decided each summer to do a sustained study on something the teacher did not understand?
(a) Alice Jefferson.
(b) Joan Cenedella.
(c) Mara Sapon-Shevin.
(d) John Holt.
3. In Chapter 5, "Liberating the Curriculum," which college was referenced in a conversation Zelma participated in?
4. In Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching," who suggested to "go into yourself"?
5. What does Ayers suggest that teachers have to be if they do not want to lose their capacity for renewal and growth?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayers, what are tests surrounded by?
2. What, as suggested by Ayers, is a matter of solidarity between subjects and human beings?
3. What was the most recent standardized test Ayers took?
4. As suggested in Chapter 6, "Keeping Track," who requires standardized tests to comply with state law?
5. How many inhabitants spoke English as the native tongue in 1988, according to Chapter 4, "Building Bridges"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the corner Ayers's classroom where students would have had access to materials regarding "coming of age."
2. According to Ayers, how do teachers become students to their students?
3. In Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching," describe the students at Imani School.
4. What are some ways that teachers can keep track of student achievement according to Ayers?
5. How does Ayers suggest people meet the problem of guidelines and mandates?
6. In Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what did the second grade newsletter contain?
7. What does Ayers believe the fundamental curriculum question is?
8. According to Ayers, where do standardized tests push well-intentioned teachers and school leaders?
9. Explain the themes of Fratney described by Ayers.
10. In Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching," what problems occurred when teachers tried to implement a new idea every day?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)