|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Shakespeare play was Ayers's brother required to teach?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) The Tempest.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. What year did Ayers begin teaching?
3. What does Ayers say that people must have to promote change in the educational system?
(b) A strong commitment.
(c) A revolution.
(d) Parental support.
4. What does Ayers say lesson plans typically begin with?
(a) With lesson objectives.
(b) With an anticipatory set.
(c) With behavioral objectives.
(d) With state and national standards.
5. Who was the subject used in a study by Davide Carroll?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued that "teachers can be aided in the difficult matter of moral choice if they can adopt an ethic of caring"?
2. What does Ayers say "allowed us to glimpse into something of the depth of this enterprise and to unearth the intellectual and ethical implications"?
3. According to Ayers, it is important for all teachers to be what?
4. What type of school does Ayers say points toward students at the center of the education enterprise?
5. How many computers did Ayers have in the corner next to the working loom for weaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Citing Ayers's research, describe the negatives of big schools.
2. What can a teacher do to get parental involvement according to Ayers?
3. Describe the positives to small schools as stated by Ayers.
4. What pains does Ayers say teachers usually face?
5. According to Ayers, what does learning with students enact and demonstrate?
6. In Chapter 1, "Beginning, The Challenge of Teaching," how did Jakob feel after learning to read?
7. What did Ayers say the child running in a pre-school area saw?
8. Why, according to Ayers, is child observation is important?
9. What does Ayers say that childhood is a time for?
10. In Chapter 2, "Seeing the Student," how did Ayers describe Chesa?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)