|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color did Darlene "spy"?
2. Who described a student as "ordinarily expressive and lively when talking about ideas and information"?
(a) Maxine Greene.
(b) Pat Carini.
(c) Jessica Howard.
(d) David Carroll.
3. Who was an amazing teacher that argued that the essence of cognitive development was "having wonderful ideas"?
(a) Jose Vega.
(b) Mara Sapon-Shevin.
(c) Pat Carini.
(d) Eleanor Duckworth.
4. In Chapter 1, "Beginning: The Challenge of Teaching," how did one learn how to work well with youngsters?
(a) Reading books about youngsters.
(b) Watching videos of children interacting.
(c) Watching others interact with children.
5. Ayers believes that learning is what?
(b) Not linear.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayers, it is important for all teachers to be what?
2. What type of music was played at the detention center during work time?
3. What did Ayers's space have "lots and lots" of?
4. In Ayers classroom, what dominated the window sills and counter tops?
5. Whose house always filled Ayers with tranquility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does learning require, according to Ayers's research?
2. In Chapter 1, "Beginning, The Challenge of Teaching," how did Jakob feel after learning to read?
3. What is the difference between the old and new edition of "To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher"?
4. According to Ayers, how do students describe teachers?
5. According to Ayers, what is every child?
6. What can a teacher do to get parental involvement according to Ayers?
7. What reasons does Ayers give not to teach?
8. Describe the link between dropouts and literacy skills Ayers addressed in his research.
9. What did Ayers say the first step of a staff review required?
10. What pains does Ayers say teachers usually face?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)