|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ayers believed that ____________ integrate and give meaning to other aspects of school and curriculum, along with engaging and focusing children's energy.
2. Who was the teaching assistant that pitched baseballs to a student everyday?
(a) Jose Vega.
(c) Eleanor Duckworth.
(d) Mara Sapon-Shevin.
3. What occupation does Ayers say teachers must "take on" to understand children?
(d) Police Officer.
4. What does Ayers say followed Jose around like a shadow?
(a) Job loss.
(c) School failure.
5. What was the center of the approach used at Prospect School?
(a) Staff review.
(b) Student review.
(d) Administrative review.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayers say "cramped choices and strangled life chances for the children of the poor"?
2. What exists less than a half-mile from the University of Illinois-Chicago?
3. What did Ayers say died at an early age for too many young Americans?
4. According to Ayers, how many Americans were incarcerated in the year 2000?
5. Who believed that "Education was the point at which we decide whether we love the world enough to assume the responsibility for it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can a teacher do to get parental involvement according to Ayers?
2. In the classroom described in Chapter 1, "Beginning, The Challenge of Teaching," what were students expected to do in the classroom?
3. According to Ayers, what is the framework of a daily lesson plan?
4. Why did Aaron have trouble focusing as suggested by Ayers in Chapter 2, "Seeing the Student"?
5. How did Ayers build a laboratory for discovery and surprise?
6. In Chapter 2, "Seeing the Student," describe the treasure hunt.
7. As stated by Ayers, why are people drawn to the teaching profession?
8. What does learning require, according to Ayers's research?
9. Why are people called to teaching, according to Ayers?
10. Ayers discusses a link between democracy and education. What is the link between democracy and education?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)