|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Beginning Again, The Current Challenge to Teach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people are naturally curious about their world they inhabit?
2. In addition to a challenging environment, what environment should a teacher create?
(a) A nurturing environment.
(b) An unrealistic environment.
(c) A difficult environment.
(d) An angry environment.
3. What does Ayers say is the fundamental message of the teacher for ethical action?
(a) You can change the world.
(b) You must change your job.
(c) You must change your life.
(d) You must go to school.
4. Ayers believes that who is dynamic, alive, and in motion?
5. Who was Chesa's teacher that admired Chesa's strengths instead of focusing on his weaknesses?
(a) Nel Noddings.
(b) Maxine Greene.
(c) Kevin Sweeney.
(d) Hannah Arendt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that a "teacher is no longer merely the one-who-teaches"?
2. Compared to 0 dollars spent on school construction, how much did Illinois spend on prison construction in 1999?
3. Whose house does Ayers describe as "dominated by the kitchen"?
4. What did Ayers suggest should be the center of knowledge?
5. According to Ayers, it is important for all teachers to be what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)