|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Beginning Again, The Current Challenge to Teach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is La Escuela Fratney located?
(a) Detroit, Michigan.
(b) Greenbay, Wisconsin.
(c) Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
(d) Flint, Michigan.
2. Which Greek God did Ayers compare outstanding teachers to?
3. What exists less than a half-mile from the University of Illinois-Chicago?
(a) A shanty town.
(b) Cabrini Green.
(c) An old church.
(d) A habitat house.
4. What does Ayers identify as a time of invention, discovery, and surprise?
5. What sport was Jose La Luz involved in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a set of techniques and directions to be mastered discussed in Chapter 7, "The Mystery of Teaching"?
2. Ayers stated that ________________________ is more dogmatic and insistent than any religion or political ideology.
3. Ayers states that what type of teacher engages youngsters, interacted with them, and drew energy from students?
4. What does Ayers say followed Jose around like a shadow?
5. What type of music was played at the detention center during work time?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)