|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Beginning Again, The Current Challenge to Teach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows teachers to see what students are up to while asking them to do the work themselves?
(a) Standardized testing.
(c) Project-based learning.
(d) Classroom practice work.
2. According to Ayers, what were many of Ayers's students when he began teaching?
(a) At Risk.
(c) Culturally deprived.
3. What requires a serious and sustained engagement with the enterprise and an intense focus on the lives of children as suggested in Chapter 8, "Beginning Again, The Current Challenge to Teach"?
(a) Going to college.
(b) Learning to teach.
(c) Working in public.
(d) Completing a standardized test.
4. What color did Darlene "spy"?
5. Who was an exemplary teacher that argued that one central organizing goal in our schools must be the creation of communities of care and compassion?
(a) Eleanor Duckworth.
(b) Pat Carini.
(c) Mara Sapon-Shevin.
(d) Jose Vega.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ayers in Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what was the "work of life"?
2. According to Ayers, what should the larger goal of education be?
3. When To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher was written, what percentage of American children awoke everyday in poverty?
4. What, as stated by Ayers, is a quality nurtured in solidarity with others?
5. According to Ayers, what are schools?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)