|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Beginning Again, The Current Challenge to Teach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ayers stay alive as a teacher?
(a) Ayers closed his mind to others.
(b) Ayers knew it all.
(c) Ayers stayed open to mystery.
(d) Ayers did not let things bother him.
2. What year did Ayers begin teaching?
3. According to Ayers, what are schools?
(a) Porous places.
(b) Large places.
(c) Small places.
(d) Learning factories.
4. In Ayers preschool classroom, which area felt "cozy and home-like"?
(a) The store.
(b) The dress-up area.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The loft where the blocks were stored.
5. What did Ayers state is required for "greatness in teaching"?
(a) An encounter with autobiography.
(b) A great teacher trainer.
(d) A developed curriculum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to 0 dollars spent on school construction, how much did Illinois spend on prison construction in 1999?
2. What is a great motivator for student ceremonies according to Chapter 4, "Building Bridges"?
3. In the year 2000, how many children did not have health insurance?
4. What should one reflect upon as a teacher according to Ayers?
5. What does Ayers say "allowed us to glimpse into something of the depth of this enterprise and to unearth the intellectual and ethical implications"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)