|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Liberating the Curriculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport was Jose La Luz involved in?
2. What is the focus of Ayers' book To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher, Second Edition?
(a) The lives of the incarcerated.
(b) The lives of administrators.
(c) The lives of children.
(d) The lives of teachers.
3. Ayers stated that ________________________ is more dogmatic and insistent than any religion or political ideology.
(a) Common sense.
4. What type of school grew out of the civil rights struggle?
(a) Freedom Schools.
(b) Black Power Schools.
(c) SNCC Schools.
(d) Peace Schools.
5. What was the average annual cost to house an inmate in 1999?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ayers took children to the airport concourse, what did they do?
2. How do students often meet the curriculum as suggested by Ayers?
3. What became a helpful guide to teaching for Ayers and other teachers?
4. What was the name of the group of housing activists who constructed simple and livable structures for the homeless?
5. Which child's father was active in the civil rights movement?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)