|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Liberating the Curriculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do students often meet the curriculum as suggested by Ayers?
(a) With excitiment.
(d) With indifference.
2. What does Ayers say "allowed us to glimpse into something of the depth of this enterprise and to unearth the intellectual and ethical implications"?
(a) The ongoing conversation about teaching.
(b) The willingness to embrace the new.
(c) The problems that plagued education.
(d) A new focus.
3. What object did Ayers compare teaching to in Chapter 1, "Beginning: The Challenge of Teaching"?
(a) A can.
(b) A house.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A car.
4. What became a helpful guide to teaching for Ayers and other teachers?
(a) Motivational speakers visited and taught.
(b) The teacher taught straight from the book.
(c) Videos of best practice.
(d) The teacher allowed the student to pursue their goals.
5. In which publication did Martha Gellhorn write a piece about loving our children?
(a) Ladies Home Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was critically injured in a mountain climbing accident and struggled to walk?
2. Who argued that good teachers incorporated all kinds of instructional strategies and are vigilant for "what works"?
3. Which Greek God did Ayers compare outstanding teachers to?
4. What does Ayers say that people must have to promote change in the educational system?
5. Who founded the Workshop Center at City College in New York?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)