|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Liberating the Curriculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a veteran teacher that decided each summer to do a sustained study on something the teacher did not understand?
(a) Mara Sapon-Shevin.
(b) Alice Jefferson.
(c) Joan Cenedella.
(d) John Holt.
2. What percentage of African American boys does Ayers say will spend some time in prison?
(a) 10% will spend some time in prison.
(b) 33% will spend some time in prison.
(c) 25% will spend some time in prison.
(d) 66% will spend some time in prison.
3. In Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what instrument did Bear play?
4. Which country's children did Gellhorn write about?
(b) United States.
5. What do kids see that school is linked by more than anything else?
(a) By subject.
(b) By age.
(c) By development.
(d) By sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created an impressive archive and research center where they have collected the work of hundreds of children over many years?
2. What did Duke bring to the attention of the other children about Mr. Ayers?
3. According to Ayers in Chapter 4, "Building Bridges," what was the "work of life"?
4. What is the focus of Ayers' book To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher, Second Edition?
5. What did Ayers build that contained literature of diversity and inclusion?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)