|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Liberating the Curriculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fixed and unvarying oversimplified belief that carries negative undercurrents?
(b) Regional prejudice.
(c) Regional stereotype.
(d) Cultural stereotypes.
2. Ayers believes that what sets up schools as institutional forms for re-creation of specific values and norms, dispositions, and assumptions?
3. According to Chapter 2, "Seeing the Student," what is the often underutilized source of knowledge about youngsters?
(d) The child.
4. How did Ayers stay alive as a teacher?
(a) Ayers knew it all.
(b) Ayers closed his mind to others.
(c) Ayers did not let things bother him.
(d) Ayers stayed open to mystery.
5. What year did Ayers begin teaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked how race relations were going in Chicago?
2. Who was the teaching assistant that pitched baseballs to a student everyday?
3. In what publication did Bernardina and Zayd read coverage of the Central Park rape?
4. Who was Chesa's teacher that admired Chesa's strengths instead of focusing on his weaknesses?
5. According to Ayers, what is the educational system?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)