|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Creating an Environment for Learning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ayers preschool classroom, which area felt "cozy and home-like"?
(a) The loft where the blocks were stored.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The dress-up area.
(d) The store.
2. How did deficiencies make Ayers feel?
(b) Ready for the challenge of learning.
3. What object did Ayers compare teaching to in Chapter 1, "Beginning: The Challenge of Teaching"?
(a) A can.
(b) A house.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A car.
4. How did Ayers stay alive as a teacher?
(a) Ayers did not let things bother him.
(b) Ayers stayed open to mystery.
(c) Ayers closed his mind to others.
(d) Ayers knew it all.
5. What was the average annual cost to house an inmate in 1999?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed that "Education was the point at which we decide whether we love the world enough to assume the responsibility for it"?
2. When To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher was written, what percentage of American children awoke everyday in poverty?
3. What does Ayers say the message should be to the children in youth?
4. Who was an exemplary teacher that argued that one central organizing goal in our schools must be the creation of communities of care and compassion?
5. Compared to 0 dollars spent on school construction, how much did Illinois spend on prison construction in 1999?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)