|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Creating an Environment for Learning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ayers believes that what sets up schools as institutional forms for re-creation of specific values and norms, dispositions, and assumptions?
2. Who created an impressive archive and research center where they have collected the work of hundreds of children over many years?
(a) Maxine Greene.
(b) Pat Carini.
(c) Kevin Sweeney.
(d) William Ayers.
3. In Chapter 1, "Beginning: The Challenge of Teaching," how did one learn how to work well with youngsters?
(a) Watching videos of children interacting.
(b) Reading books about youngsters.
(c) Watching others interact with children.
4. According to Ayers, what is the educational system?
(a) A success.
(b) An equal system.
(c) A failure.
(d) An adequate system.
5. How did deficiencies make Ayers feel?
(a) Ready for the challenge of learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Chesa's teacher that admired Chesa's strengths instead of focusing on his weaknesses?
2. What color did Darlene "spy"?
3. What does Ayers say is required to teach from a solid base of knowing students?
4. Whose house always filled Ayers with tranquility?
5. According to Ayers, what were many of Ayers's students when he began teaching?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)