|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Seeing the Student.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ayers suggests that who "resisted the idea that there is some ideal child with whom they would be brilliant; they must reject the idea of social circumstance"?
2. Which child's father was active in the civil rights movement?
(a) Darlene's father.
(b) Kelyn's father.
(c) Duke's father.
(d) Jose's father.
3. What does Ayers cite is the main reason students drop out?
(a) Saw no value in educaiton.
(b) No adult cared if they stayed.
(c) Not enough homework.
(d) Too much homework.
4. Which Greek God did Ayers compare outstanding teachers to?
5. What was the average annual cost to house an inmate in 1999?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Ayers say teachers must "take on" to understand children?
2. What year did Ayers begin teaching?
3. Who underlined the importance of identity and broadening group affiliation with adolescents?
4. Which country's children did Gellhorn write about?
5. Who believed that "Education was the point at which we decide whether we love the world enough to assume the responsibility for it"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)