|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Building Bridges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What model is curriculum built on based on Ayers's research?
(a) The deficit model.
(b) The student-centered model.
(c) The surplus model.
(d) The teacher-centered model.
2. According to Ayers, it is important for all teachers to be what?
(c) School Centered.
3. Who believed that "human beings spent their lives weaving webs of significance"?
(a) June Jordan.
(b) Lisa Delpit.
(c) Gilbert Ryle.
(d) Gomer Pyle.
4. Which Greek God did Ayers compare outstanding teachers to?
5. Ayers claims that what type of school tends be mechanistic and managerial, hierarchical, and bureaucratic?
(a) Student-centered schools.
(b) Big schools.
(c) Small schools.
(d) Ideal schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of African American boys does Ayers say will spend some time in prison?
2. Ayers believed that what is the strongest source of knowledge about a student?
3. How many computers did Ayers have in the corner next to the working loom for weaving?
4. According to Ayers, how many Americans were incarcerated in the year 2000?
5. In Alex Haley's writing, whose coming of age ceremony did he record?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)