|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Building Bridges.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child's father was active in the civil rights movement?
(a) Darlene's father.
(b) Jose's father.
(c) Kelyn's father.
(d) Duke's father.
2. Who described a student as "ordinarily expressive and lively when talking about ideas and information"?
(a) Jessica Howard.
(b) David Carroll.
(c) Maxine Greene.
(d) Pat Carini.
3. Who argued that "the teacher who wishes to be more functionary cannot escape the value problem or the difficult matter of moral choice"?
(a) Nel Noddings.
(b) Maxine Greene.
(c) Hannah Arendt.
(d) William Ayers.
4. What is a great motivator for student ceremonies according to Chapter 4, "Building Bridges"?
(a) The other students.
(b) The audience.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The parents.
5. Who described an astonishing process while teaching a course "The Art of Black English"?
(a) John Holt.
(b) Lisa Delpit.
(c) June Jordan.
(d) Gilbert Ryle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music was played at the detention center during work time?
2. Who argued that good teachers incorporated all kinds of instructional strategies and are vigilant for "what works"?
3. According to Ayers, what tells us what to do?
4. Who documented her classroom experiences through an impressive series of books?
5. Who was the subject used in a study by Davide Carroll?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)