1. In which publication did Martha Gellhorn write a piece about loving our children?
(d) Ladies Home Journal.
2. Which country's children did Gellhorn write about?
(d) United States.
3. What is the focus of Ayers' book To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher, Second Edition?
(a) The lives of teachers.
(b) The lives of the incarcerated.
(c) The lives of administrators.
(d) The lives of children.
4. What does Ayers say is required to teach from a solid base of knowing students?
5. According to Ayers, how many Americans were incarcerated in the year 2000?
(a) One million.
(c) Two million.
6. What percentage of African American boys does Ayers say will spend some time in prison?
(a) 10% will spend some time in prison.
(b) 25% will spend some time in prison.
(c) 66% will spend some time in prison.
(d) 33% will spend some time in prison.
7. What was the average annual cost to house an inmate in 1999?
This section contains 3,954 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)