|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
2. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
3. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
4. What is the name of the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
5. Why did Johnson charter a boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does MacWalsey fear when he sees Gordon leave alone?
2. What do customs men ask Morgan at Freddy's Place?
3. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
5. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
6. What does Morgan respond to the men begging him for something at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Marie do when she hears that her husband is dead?
8. What does Morgan put up for a guarantee when chartering Freddy's boat?
9. What does Morgan tell Eddy to do after he gets his money from Sing?
10. What is different about the narration in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Morgan change when he is around his family versus when he is around his friends? What causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the different smuggling scenes, what the outcomes were, and how these events affected the tone of the book.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)