|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Sing killed?
2. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
3. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
4. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
5. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morgan take care of the Cuban revolutionaries?
2. What does Morgan notice after taking the wheel back from Emilio?
3. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
4. What is different about the narration in Part 2?
5. What happens when Gordon tries to fight with MacWalsey?
6. What does Morgan wonder about the lawyer in Part 3?
7. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
8. Why does Morgan think he and Wesley were shot at?
9. What happens the first time Johnson gets a hit on his line?
10. What do customs men ask Morgan at Freddy's Place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morgan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the stories told by the war veterans, and how do they affect Gordon?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)