|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bacuranao?
2. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
3. Where is Morgan when he is injured?
4. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
5. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Morgan not be able to make a living off of alcohol while in Havana?
2. What does Morgan notice after taking the wheel back from Emilio?
3. What does Roberto say when they push Albert's body overboard?
4. What does Wesley think Morgan should have done when they were shot at?
5. How is Morgan wounded by the Cubans, and what does he choose to do?
6. Why does Morgan say Sing was not a very good business man?
7. What happens when Sing hands Morgan the money?
8. Who are the men on the yacht at Pier 4?
9. How does Morgan meet Mr. Sing, and what is his first impression of the man?
10. What does Richard Gordon do when he sees Marie crying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main reasons for the ending of the Gordons' marriage, and how does the end of this relationship affect some of the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)