|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
2. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
3. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
(a) Put his boat at full-speed.
(b) Given up the contraband.
(c) Fought back more fiercely.
(d) Turned in his new boss for a plea deal.
4. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) Willie Avery.
(b) Willie Abram.
(c) Willie Adams.
(d) Willie Arnold.
5. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
(a) Falltham's Harbor.
(b) Houchin's Bay.
(c) Garrison Bright.
(d) The Southern Key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan say about really giant fish?
2. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
3. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
4. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Harrison's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Morgan wounded by the Cubans, and what does he choose to do?
2. Why does Morgan say Sing was not a very good business man?
3. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
4. What does Morgan regret after hearing that Johnson left without paying him?
5. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
6. What does Morgan put up for a guarantee when chartering Freddy's boat?
7. Why does Morgan think he and Wesley were shot at?
8. What does Emilio say to explain Roberto's actions?
9. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
10. How does Marie plan to deal with the death of her husband?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)