|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
2. Who is at fault for the broken contract of the charter?
(a) The black man.
3. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
(a) An American.
(b) A Chinese immigrant.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A Spanish Lord.
4. What is Morgan's first name?
5. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A barge.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A schooner.
(d) A carrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
2. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
3. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
4. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
5. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
2. What is different about the narration in Part 2?
3. What news does Simmons bring at the end of Part 3, and how does Morgan respond to this?
4. What does Morgan tell Eddy to do after he gets his money from Sing?
5. Why does Wesley think it is silly to be bootlegging in Part 2?
6. What does MacWalsey say to Gordon when they see each other at the bar?
7. Who is the Communist, and how does Gordon feel about him?
8. What does Johnson do when he gets a huge marlin on his line, and how does Morgan respond to this?
9. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
10. What does the Coast Guard find when they approach the Queen Conch?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)