|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(d) The black man.
2. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
4. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
(a) When he sees a note from Johnson.
(b) When 5:00 comes and goes.
(c) When the plane takes off.
(d) When he hears the sirens at the hotel.
5. Where does Mr. Sing want Morgan to take some men?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
2. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
3. What did Eddy sneak aboard Morgan's boat with when he left for his first job for Mr. Sing?
4. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
5. What does Mr. Sing do when Morgan grabs him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marie plan to deal with the death of her husband?
2. What makes travel difficult when Morgan and Wesley are wounded?
3. Why does Morgan say Sing was not a very good business man?
4. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
5. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
6. What does Albert say about Morgan in Part 3?
7. How does Morgan take care of the Cuban revolutionaries?
8. What does Frankie say to Morgan after he has accepted the job from Sing?
9. What does Emilio say to explain Roberto's actions?
10. What does Morgan wonder about the lawyer in Part 3?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)