|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
2. What is Morgan afraid the immigrants will do to his boat?
(a) Stink it up.
(b) Damage the woodwork.
(c) Stain it.
(d) Mark it as a santuary.
3. What does the black man call Morgan after he is injured?
4. What does Eddy say he was never accused of being, after Sing is killed?
(a) A squealer.
(b) An ally.
(c) An honest man.
(d) A murderer.
5. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(d) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnson not use Morgan for the full chartered time?
2. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
4. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Morgan's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Johnson gets a hit on his line?
2. How does Marie plan to deal with the death of her husband?
3. What makes travel difficult when Morgan and Wesley are wounded?
4. What does Johnson say when he is back at the dock after his first day of fishing?
5. What does Adams say to Morgan when he sees him in Woman Key?
6. What does Harrison hope to do when he sees Morgan's boat in Woman Key?
7. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
8. What does Johnson do when he gets a huge marlin on his line, and how does Morgan respond to this?
9. What do customs men ask Morgan at Freddy's Place?
10. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)