|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Coming back to the dock.
(b) Not taking the immigrants.
(c) Trusting a stranger.
(d) Making fun of Johnson.
2. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A Spanish Lord.
(c) A Chinese immigrant.
(d) An American.
3. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone was not paid off.
(b) They saw the black man.
(c) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(d) Morgan was late.
4. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a month.
(b) $4 a day.
(c) $40 a day.
(d) $40 a week.
5. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(b) The black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the black man injured with while working with Morgan?
2. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
3. What does the black man call Morgan after he is injured?
4. What is Bacuranao?
5. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does MacWalsey say to Gordon when they see each other at the bar?
2. What is described in the last lines of the book?
3. What does Albert say about Morgan in Part 3?
4. What does Morgan respond to the men begging him for something at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Marie feel about her husband after he dies?
6. How does Albert describe Morgan's wife?
7. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does the Sheriff tell Gordon that Freddy's Place will be dangerous?
9. What does Frankie say to Morgan after he has accepted the job from Sing?
10. What does Mr. Sing hire Morgan to do?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)