|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To show his finesse.
(b) To feel more capable.
(c) To get comfortable.
(d) To have better vision.
3. Who kills Mr. Sing?
4. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
5. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
(a) He would be fined.
(b) All of these.
(c) He would get jail time.
(d) He would lose his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
2. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
3. What is Morgan afraid the immigrants will do to his boat?
4. What does Morgan say kept Sing from being a good businessman?
5. What is Harrison's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wesley think it is silly to be bootlegging in Part 2?
2. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
3. What does MacWalsey say to Gordon when they see each other at the bar?
4. What does Morgan respond to the men begging him for something at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
6. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
7. What does Roberto say when they push Albert's body overboard?
8. Who are the men on the yacht at Pier 4?
9. What does Morgan put up for a guarantee when chartering Freddy's boat?
10. What are Morgan's girls happy about when he returns home at the end of Part 3?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)