Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Not taking the immigrants.
(b) Making fun of Johnson.
(c) Trusting a stranger.
(d) Coming back to the dock.
2. What does Morgan do with Mr. Sing's dead body?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Sinks it.
(d) Leaves it on the shore.
3. Why does Morgan decide not to kill Eddy?
(a) He needs a helper.
(b) His name is on the passenger list.
(c) He cannot navigate by himself.
(d) He trusts Eddy.
4. What is Morgan injured with while working with the black man?
(a) A gun.
(b) A club.
(c) A piece of coral.
(d) A knife.
5. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a week.
(b) $4 a day.
(c) $40 a month.
(d) $40 a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
2. What is Bacuranao?
3. Where does Mr. Sing want Morgan to take some men?
4. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
5. How much does each sack weigh that is thrown overboard at Woman Key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marie do when she hears that her husband is dead?
2. What is Frankie paid to give to Morgan after he accepts the job from Sing?
3. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Harrison hope to do when he sees Morgan's boat in Woman Key?
5. What does MacWalsey say to Gordon when they see each other at the bar?
6. Why does Mrs. Gordon say she is afraid to pray anymore?
7. Who is the Communist, and how does Gordon feel about him?
8. What does Frankie say to Morgan after he has accepted the job from Sing?
9. How does Albert describe Morgan's wife?
10. What does Morgan wonder about the lawyer in Part 3?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)