|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
2. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His face.
(b) His leg.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His stomach.
3. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
4. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
(a) A bank.
(b) A rendezvous.
(c) Medical attention.
(d) A good meal.
5. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does each sack weigh that is thrown overboard at Woman Key?
2. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
3. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
4. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
5. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gordon tries to fight with MacWalsey?
2. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
3. How is Morgan wounded by the Cubans, and what does he choose to do?
4. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Marie do when she hears that her husband is dead?
6. What is described in the last lines of the book?
7. What happens when Gordon sees MacWalsey at the bar?
8. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
9. What does Wesley think Morgan should have done when they were shot at?
10. Who is the Communist, and how does Gordon feel about him?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)