|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
(a) They find another boat.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They kill themselves.
(d) They are arrested.
2. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(a) Sacks of liquor.
(b) Outlawed guns.
3. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
4. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(b) Someone was not paid off.
(c) Morgan was late.
(d) They saw the black man.
5. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan say about really giant fish?
2. When does Johnson say he will settle with Morgan for the remainder of his chartered time?
3. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
4. How is Mr. Sing killed?
5. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
2. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
3. What does Morgan do just before he meets with Sing on the shore?
4. How does Frankie make a living in Havana?
5. What does Wesley think Morgan should have done when they were shot at?
6. What does Morgan consider doing when he enters the Channel with the Cubans, and why does he decide against it?
7. How does Morgan meet Mr. Sing, and what is his first impression of the man?
8. What does Wesley say about his wound when Morgan leaves Woman Key?
9. Why does Mrs. Gordon say she is afraid to pray anymore?
10. What does Morgan notice after taking the wheel back from Emilio?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)