|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
(a) All of these.
(b) He would get jail time.
(c) He would lose his boat.
(d) He would be fined.
2. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
(a) Withhold his earned money.
(b) Ask him to work for him again.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Keep him from killing the immigrants.
3. What is Morgan's first name?
4. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
5. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) Taking photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
2. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
3. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
4. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
5. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the tax man plan to kill himself, and what is the one drawback about it for him?
2. What does Morgan respond to the men begging him for something at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
4. How does Morgan take care of the Cuban revolutionaries?
5. What does Marie do for Morgan before he leaves again at the end of Part 3?
6. Why does Wesley think it is silly to be bootlegging in Part 2?
7. What does Richard Gordon do when he sees Marie crying?
8. What does Adams say to Morgan when he sees him in Woman Key?
9. What happens the first time Johnson gets a hit on his line?
10. What happens when Gordon tries to fight with MacWalsey?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)