|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
2. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
(c) The black man.
3. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dominican Republic.
4. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
5. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) They are at an uninhabited area.
(c) There is too much wind.
(d) It is too dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
2. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
3. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
4. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
5. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morgan regret after hearing that Johnson left without paying him?
2. How does the tax man plan to kill himself, and what is the one drawback about it for him?
3. Why does Morgan think he and Wesley were shot at?
4. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
5. What is different about the narration in Part 2?
6. What happens the first time Johnson gets a hit on his line?
7. What does Wesley think Morgan should have done when they were shot at?
8. Why will Morgan not be able to make a living off of alcohol while in Havana?
9. Who are the men on the yacht at Pier 4?
10. What does MacWalsey fear when he sees Gordon leave alone?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)