|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His face.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
2. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
(a) He would be fined.
(b) He would lose his boat.
(c) All of these.
(d) He would get jail time.
3. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
(a) The smell of booze.
(b) His lost blood.
(c) The darkness.
(d) Wallace's screams.
4. What does Morgan say kept Sing from being a good businessman?
(a) He paid too much.
(b) He did not pay enough.
(c) He was too trusting.
(d) He took too many risks.
5. What does Mr. Sing do when Morgan grabs him?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Bites him.
(d) Shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
2. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
3. How much does Morgan pay Eddy for every day of assistance?
4. What is Morgan afraid the immigrants will do to his boat?
5. Where is Morgan when he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frankie make a living in Havana?
2. What news does Simmons bring at the end of Part 3, and how does Morgan respond to this?
3. Why does Mrs. Gordon say she is afraid to pray anymore?
4. What does Frankie say to Morgan after he has accepted the job from Sing?
5. What does Mr. Sing hire Morgan to do?
6. Why does Morgan say Sing was not a very good business man?
7. Who is the Communist, and how does Gordon feel about him?
8. How does Albert describe Morgan's wife?
9. How does Morgan meet Mr. Sing, and what is his first impression of the man?
10. What does Richard Gordon do when he sees Marie crying?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)