|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(c) Phone calls.
2. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
(a) Covers him with a blanket.
(b) Sits on him.
(c) Locks him below.
(d) Throws a life preserver over him.
3. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(b) The black man.
4. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(d) Dominican Republic.
5. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
(a) A rocky beach.
(c) Palm strands.
(d) A coral reef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
2. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
3. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
4. What does Frankie give to Morgan when he casts off?
5. Why does Morgan decide not to kill Eddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just after Morgan refuses to do what three men are begging him to do at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Wesley say about his wound when Morgan leaves Woman Key?
3. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
4. What news does Simmons bring at the end of Part 3, and how does Morgan respond to this?
5. How does Morgan take care of the Cuban revolutionaries?
6. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
7. How does Marie plan to deal with the death of her husband?
8. Why does Mrs. Gordon say she is afraid to pray anymore?
9. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
10. What does Morgan respond to the men begging him for something at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)