|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan say about really giant fish?
(a) They are not enjoyable.
(b) They deserve to be left alone.
(c) They are not worth the fight.
(d) They are trophies in and of themselves.
2. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
(a) A jib.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) The helm.
(d) A fishing rod.
3. Who kills Mr. Sing?
4. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A carrier.
(b) A barge.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A schooner.
5. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eddy sneak aboard Morgan's boat with when he left for his first job for Mr. Sing?
2. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
4. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
5. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
2. What does MacWalsey fear when he sees Gordon leave alone?
3. What news does Simmons bring at the end of Part 3, and how does Morgan respond to this?
4. What is described in the last lines of the book?
5. What does Morgan wonder about the lawyer in Part 3?
6. Why does Morgan say Sing was not a very good business man?
7. How does Albert describe Morgan's wife?
8. What do customs men ask Morgan at Freddy's Place?
9. What does Morgan respond to the men begging him for something at the beginning of the book?
10. What happens the first time Johnson gets a hit on his line?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)