|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
2. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
(a) A rocky beach.
(c) Palm strands.
(d) A coral reef.
3. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
4. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
(a) Garrison Bright.
(b) Falltham's Harbor.
(c) Houchin's Bay.
(d) The Southern Key.
5. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(b) Dominican Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
2. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
3. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
4. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
5. What did Eddy sneak aboard Morgan's boat with when he left for his first job for Mr. Sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frankie make a living in Havana?
2. How is Morgan wounded by the Cubans, and what does he choose to do?
3. What does Mr. Sing hire Morgan to do?
4. What do customs men ask Morgan at Freddy's Place?
5. What does Wesley say about his wound when Morgan leaves Woman Key?
6. Why does Wesley think it is silly to be bootlegging in Part 2?
7. How does Morgan meet Mr. Sing, and what is his first impression of the man?
8. What does Johnson do when he gets a huge marlin on his line, and how does Morgan respond to this?
9. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
10. Who is the Communist, and how does Gordon feel about him?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)