|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(c) Dominican Republic.
2. What does Morgan say about really giant fish?
(a) They are not worth the fight.
(b) They are not enjoyable.
(c) They deserve to be left alone.
(d) They are trophies in and of themselves.
3. What is Morgan heading for at Sand Key?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) The cantina.
(d) The drop-off point.
4. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His face.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His leg.
5. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A wallaby.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harrison's occupation?
2. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
3. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
4. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
5. What does the black man call Morgan after he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marie feel about her husband after he dies?
2. What does Morgan find on board just as he is about to drift to the place where he will meet Sing?
3. How does the tax man plan to kill himself, and what is the one drawback about it for him?
4. What makes travel difficult when Morgan and Wesley are wounded?
5. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
6. How does Morgan describe the black man who sometimes works on his boat?
7. What does Wesley think Morgan should have done when they were shot at?
8. Why does Morgan say Sing was not a very good business man?
9. How is Morgan wounded by the Cubans, and what does he choose to do?
10. What do three men beg Morgan for at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)