|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
2. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
3. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
4. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His face.
5. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) The black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankie give to Morgan when he casts off?
2. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
3. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
4. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
5. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnson do when he gets a huge marlin on his line, and how does Morgan respond to this?
2. What does Marie do for Morgan before he leaves again at the end of Part 3?
3. How does the tax man plan to kill himself, and what is the one drawback about it for him?
4. What does Morgan put up for a guarantee when chartering Freddy's boat?
5. What happens just after Morgan refuses to do what three men are begging him to do at the beginning of the book?
6. What are Morgan's girls happy about when he returns home at the end of Part 3?
7. How does Carpenter describe his relationship with Johnston?
8. What happens when Gordon sees MacWalsey at the bar?
9. How does Frankie make a living in Havana?
10. What does Morgan notice after taking the wheel back from Emilio?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)