|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A wallaby.
(d) A snake.
2. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(b) Dominican Republic.
3. What does the black man think will be more painful than his initial wound?
(a) Finding work while wounded.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) The medical attention.
(d) The healing process.
4. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(d) The black man.
5. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A marlin.
(c) A barracuda.
(d) A sting ray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddy describe Morgan's cost to settle with Johnson?
2. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
3. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
4. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
5. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morgan put up for a guarantee when chartering Freddy's boat?
2. Why does Mrs. Gordon say she is afraid to pray anymore?
3. Why does Morgan think he and Wesley were shot at?
4. What does the doctor assure Marie of when he talks about Morgan's death?
5. What does Morgan tell Eddy to do after he gets his money from Sing?
6. How does Morgan meet Mr. Sing, and what is his first impression of the man?
7. What does MacWalsey fear when he sees Gordon leave alone?
8. What happens when Gordon tries to fight with MacWalsey?
9. What does Morgan do when he is at five-foot-deep water just off the shore of Bacuranao?
10. How is Morgan wounded by the Cubans, and what does he choose to do?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)