|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert appear on the dock when Morgan is readying Freddie's boat?
(a) He is following the plan.
(b) He needs work.
(c) He is spying for the government.
(d) Marie told him to go there.
2. What does Gordon have on his face when he comes back from the Bradley's party?
(b) Grass stains.
(c) Steak sauce.
3. What does Mrs. Gordon say was the goodbye of her marriage?
(a) The big fight.
(b) The last sexual encounter.
(c) The slap.
(d) The cheating.
4. What does MacWalsey's wife not notice about Morgan?
(a) His strange accent.
(b) His missing arm.
(c) His scarred face.
(d) His poor clothing.
5. What is Mrs. Bradley's first name?
6. What do the refugees in Part 3 plan to do to get the money Morgan needs?
(a) Trade some stocks and bonds.
(b) Rob a bank.
(c) Print counterfeit money.
(d) Hold someone hostage.
7. What is Gordon's wife doing when Gordon comes home from the Bradleys' party?
(a) Posing naked for an artist.
(b) Kissing another man.
(d) Reading a pornographic novel.
8. What does Gordon say war is?
(a) A purifier.
(b) A sad necessity.
(c) An ennobling event.
(d) All of these.
9. How much does Morgan offer to pay Albert per day?
10. What do the men in the bar offer to do when Gordon tells them who ruined his life?
(a) Spy on her.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Take him home.
(d) Beat him.
11. What does MacWalsey's wife compare Morgan's face to?
(a) Adolph Hitler.
(b) George Washington.
(d) Genghis Khan.
12. What is the Communist's name?
(a) Nathaniel Jacobs.
(b) Nate Jinks.
(c) Nathan Jims.
(d) Nelson Jacks.
13. What does Morgan call all lawyers?
14. Why does Morgan not share all the details of the smuggling deal with Albert?
(a) He doesn't want Albert to refuse.
(b) He wants to protect Albert.
(c) He wants to double cross Albert.
(d) He wants a bigger cut of money.
15. What season is it at the beginning of Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What broke Mrs. Gordon's mother's heart when she got married?
2. What are the men carrying who are running from the bank?
3. What does Morgan's wife say about Morgan's wound?
4. What does Morgan say is essential for a good crossing of the Gulf?
5. What is Laughton's first name?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)