|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lawyer's nickname?
(a) Gull face.
(b) Bird mouth.
(c) Wasp wings.
(d) Bee lips.
2. Where does the lawyer want to smuggle someone to?
3. How much does Morgan offer to pay Albert per day?
4. Who does Morgan need the refugees to handle in Part 3 before he can smuggle them?
5. What does Freddie own to make his living?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A boat.
(d) A rental property.
6. Where does Gordon go after his marriage ends?
(a) The Lilac Time.
(b) Mangrove Bay.
(c) Freddie's Place.
(d) Conch Beach.
7. What does Morgan's wife say about Morgan's wound?
(a) She hates everything about it.
(b) She likes everything about him.
(c) She hopes it doesn't hurt.
(d) She wishes it hadn't happened.
8. What time does Morgan say he will tie up at Freddie's dock after getting his money?
(a) 6:00 am.
(b) 4:00 pm.
(c) 4:00 am.
(d) 6:00 pm.
9. What is the Communist's name?
(a) Nelson Jacks.
(b) Nate Jinks.
(c) Nathan Jims.
(d) Nathaniel Jacobs.
10. What is the name of the lawyer in Part 3?
11. Why does Albert appear on the dock when Morgan is readying Freddie's boat?
(a) He is following the plan.
(b) Marie told him to go there.
(c) He needs work.
(d) He is spying for the government.
12. Who does Mrs. Gordon say her new lover reminds her of?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her dream man.
13. What do the refugees in Part 3 plan to do to get the money Morgan needs?
(a) Trade some stocks and bonds.
(b) Print counterfeit money.
(c) Hold someone hostage.
(d) Rob a bank.
14. What is Gordon's wife doing when Gordon comes home from the Bradleys' party?
(a) Posing naked for an artist.
(b) Kissing another man.
(d) Reading a pornographic novel.
15. What does Morgan call all lawyers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does MacWalsey leave Freddie's place?
2. What word does Mrs. Gordon say she hates?
3. What does Gordon first drink after his marriage ends?
4. What are the men carrying who are running from the bank?
5. What do the men leaving the bank do when Albert warns Morgan not to get mixed up with them?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)