|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(c) Dominican Republic.
2. What is Morgan heading for at Sand Key?
(a) The drop-off point.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) The harbor.
(d) The cantina.
3. What is the black man injured with while working with Morgan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A piece of coral.
(d) A club.
4. What is Bacuranao?
(a) A bar.
(b) A dock.
(c) A beach.
(d) An island.
5. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A carrier.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A barge.
6. How does Eddy describe Morgan's cost to settle with Johnson?
7. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
8. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
9. What does Eddy say he was never accused of being, after Sing is killed?
(a) A squealer.
(b) An honest man.
(c) A murderer.
(d) An ally.
10. What is Morgan's first name?
11. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
12. Where has Johnson asked his chartered boat to go?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) The Florida Keys.
(c) The Coast of Tortugas.
(d) The Jamaican Bay.
13. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Coming back to the dock.
(b) Making fun of Johnson.
(c) Not taking the immigrants.
(d) Trusting a stranger.
14. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) A red lantern.
(b) Three shots of a flare gun.
(c) Two flashes of light.
(d) A bird call.
15. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(b) Someone was not paid off.
(c) They saw the black man.
(d) Morgan was late.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
2. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
3. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
4. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
5. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)