|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
2. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a month.
(b) $40 a week.
(c) $40 a day.
(d) $4 a day.
3. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His leg.
(d) His face.
4. What is Bacuranao?
(a) A bar.
(b) A dock.
(c) A beach.
(d) An island.
5. What does Eddy find on the boat before falling asleep after Sing is killed?
(b) A life saver.
(d) Some booze.
6. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) A red lantern.
(b) Two flashes of light.
(c) Three shots of a flare gun.
(d) A bird call.
7. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(c) Dominican Republic.
8. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
(a) All of these.
(b) He would get jail time.
(c) He would lose his boat.
(d) He would be fined.
9. How is Mr. Sing killed?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) His neck is snapped.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is shot.
10. Why did Johnson charter a boat?
(a) To smuggle immigrants.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To travel.
11. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
(a) The smell of booze.
(b) The darkness.
(c) His lost blood.
(d) Wallace's screams.
12. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(b) Dominican Republic.
13. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(b) Morgan was late.
(c) They saw the black man.
(d) Someone was not paid off.
14. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
(a) Being late.
(b) Crossing alone.
(c) Hitting the drop-off.
(d) Meeting with officials.
15. How many small boatloads of immigrants are loaded onto Morgan's boat by Sing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
2. Why does Morgan decide not to kill Eddy?
3. What does Morgan do with Mr. Sing's dead body?
4. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
5. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)