|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Not taking the immigrants.
(b) Making fun of Johnson.
(c) Trusting a stranger.
(d) Coming back to the dock.
2. What does Morgan do with Mr. Sing's dead body?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Sinks it.
(d) Leaves it on the shore.
3. Why does Morgan decide not to kill Eddy?
(a) He needs a helper.
(b) His name is on the passenger list.
(c) He cannot navigate by himself.
(d) He trusts Eddy.
4. What is Morgan injured with while working with the black man?
(a) A gun.
(b) A club.
(c) A piece of coral.
(d) A knife.
5. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a week.
(b) $4 a day.
(c) $40 a month.
(d) $40 a day.
6. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
(a) Hitting the drop-off.
(b) Being late.
(c) Meeting with officials.
(d) Crossing alone.
7. What is Bacuranao?
(a) A bar.
(b) An island.
(c) A dock.
(d) A beach.
8. Where does Mr. Sing want Morgan to take some men?
9. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
(a) Keep him from killing the immigrants.
(b) Ask him to work for him again.
(c) Withhold his earned money.
(d) Turn him in.
10. How much does each sack weigh that is thrown overboard at Woman Key?
(a) 40 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
11. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. What is the black man's name?
13. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
(a) Falltham's Harbor.
(b) The Southern Key.
(c) Garrison Bright.
(d) Houchin's Bay.
14. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
15. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His leg.
(b) His face.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
2. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
3. Why does Johnson not use Morgan for the full chartered time?
4. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
5. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)