|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
(a) Locks him below.
(b) Sits on him.
(c) Throws a life preserver over him.
(d) Covers him with a blanket.
2. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(d) Taking photographs.
3. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) A red lantern.
(b) Two flashes of light.
(c) A bird call.
(d) Three shots of a flare gun.
4. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
5. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
6. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
(c) The black man.
7. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
(a) Garrison Bright.
(b) Houchin's Bay.
(c) Falltham's Harbor.
(d) The Southern Key.
8. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(b) Phone calls.
9. What does Eddy find on the boat before falling asleep after Sing is killed?
(a) A life saver.
(d) Some booze.
10. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
(a) A jib.
(b) A fishing rod.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) The helm.
11. What does the black man call Morgan after he is injured?
12. What is the black man injured with while working with Morgan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A piece of coral.
(c) A gun.
(d) A club.
13. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(c) Dominican Republic.
15. Who is at fault for the broken contract of the charter?
(d) The black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
2. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
3. How much money is in Morgan's pocket when Johnson breaks his contract?
4. How is Mr. Sing killed?
5. What is Morgan afraid the immigrants will do to his boat?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)