|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
2. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
3. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They kill themselves.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They find another boat.
4. Who is at fault for the broken contract of the charter?
(a) The black man.
5. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
6. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
7. Where is Morgan when he is injured?
(c) Santa Dominga.
(d) Santa Maria.
8. When does Johnson say he will settle with Morgan for the remainder of his chartered time?
(a) When he gets his next check.
(b) After the bank opens.
(c) When they dock.
(d) After his Marlin is weighed.
9. What does Sing give to Morgan just before he is killed?
(a) A false ID.
(b) A contract.
(c) A wad of money.
(d) A map.
10. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
(a) A chink.
(b) A champ.
(c) A chump.
(d) A chall.
11. What does Morgan say kept Sing from being a good businessman?
(a) He was too trusting.
(b) He paid too much.
(c) He took too many risks.
(d) He did not pay enough.
12. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A wallaby.
(d) A dolphin.
13. What does Morgan say about really giant fish?
(a) They are not enjoyable.
(b) They deserve to be left alone.
(c) They are not worth the fight.
(d) They are trophies in and of themselves.
14. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) Three shots of a flare gun.
(b) Two flashes of light.
(c) A bird call.
(d) A red lantern.
15. How much does each sack weigh that is thrown overboard at Woman Key?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 140 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
2. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
3. What is Morgan's first name?
4. What does Eddy find on the boat before falling asleep after Sing is killed?
5. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)