|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
2. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) Willie Avery.
(b) Willie Abram.
(c) Willie Arnold.
(d) Willie Adams.
3. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(b) Taking photographs.
4. Where has Johnson asked his chartered boat to go?
(a) The Florida Keys.
(b) The Jamaican Bay.
(c) The Coast of Tortugas.
(d) The Gulf of Mexico.
5. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
(a) When he hears the sirens at the hotel.
(b) When the plane takes off.
(c) When 5:00 comes and goes.
(d) When he sees a note from Johnson.
6. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
(a) Throws a life preserver over him.
(b) Covers him with a blanket.
(c) Locks him below.
(d) Sits on him.
7. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
(a) Given up the contraband.
(b) Turned in his new boss for a plea deal.
(c) Put his boat at full-speed.
(d) Fought back more fiercely.
8. How much does each sack weigh that is thrown overboard at Woman Key?
(a) 140 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
9. How many small boatloads of immigrants are loaded onto Morgan's boat by Sing?
10. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
(a) A chump.
(b) A chink.
(c) A chall.
(d) A champ.
11. Why did Johnson charter a boat?
(a) To smuggle immigrants.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To travel.
12. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His face.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
13. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
(c) All of these.
14. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
15. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A bank.
(c) A rendezvous.
(d) Medical attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Morgan injured with while working with the black man?
2. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
3. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
4. What is Bacuranao?
5. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)