|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
(a) All of these.
2. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A barracuda.
(c) A marlin.
(d) A sting ray.
3. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
(a) When he hears the sirens at the hotel.
(b) When the plane takes off.
(c) When 5:00 comes and goes.
(d) When he sees a note from Johnson.
4. What does Morgan do with Mr. Sing's dead body?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Leaves it on the shore.
(c) Sinks it.
(d) Buries it.
5. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
(a) His lost blood.
(b) The smell of booze.
(c) The darkness.
(d) Wallace's screams.
6. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A barge.
(b) A carrier.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A schooner.
7. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He got rich and retired.
(c) He was deported.
(d) He was arrested.
8. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
9. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) A fishing rod.
(c) The helm.
(d) A jib.
10. What is Bacuranao?
(a) An island.
(b) A beach.
(c) A bar.
(d) A dock.
11. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
(a) Medical attention.
(b) A bank.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A rendezvous.
12. What is Morgan heading for at Sand Key?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The drop-off point.
(c) The cantina.
(d) The lighthouse.
13. What is Morgan's first name?
14. What does Eddy find on the boat before falling asleep after Sing is killed?
(a) Some booze.
(d) A life saver.
15. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
2. What does Mr. Sing do when Morgan grabs him?
3. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
4. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
5. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)