|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
2. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
(d) The black man.
3. Why did Johnson charter a boat?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To travel.
(c) To smuggle immigrants.
(d) To have an affair.
4. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
5. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
6. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(b) Taking photographs.
7. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(a) Sacks of liquor.
(c) Outlawed guns.
8. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
(a) A chump.
(b) A champ.
(c) A chink.
(d) A chall.
9. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a week.
(b) $40 a month.
(c) $4 a day.
(d) $40 a day.
10. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
11. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
12. How does Eddy describe Morgan's cost to settle with Johnson?
13. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
(a) They kill themselves.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They find another boat.
14. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
(a) He would be fined.
(b) He would get jail time.
(c) All of these.
(d) He would lose his boat.
15. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A barge.
(b) A carrier.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A schooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
2. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
3. What does Morgan say kept Sing from being a good businessman?
4. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
5. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)