|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnson not use Morgan for the full chartered time?
(a) His wife found him.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He has urgent business.
(d) He is fed up.
2. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
(a) Fought back more fiercely.
(b) Put his boat at full-speed.
(c) Given up the contraband.
(d) Turned in his new boss for a plea deal.
3. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
4. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(b) The black man.
5. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) A wallaby.
(d) A rabbit.
6. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
7. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a month.
(b) $40 a day.
(c) $40 a week.
(d) $4 a day.
8. What is the black man's name?
9. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
(c) The black man.
10. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(a) Sacks of liquor.
(d) Outlawed guns.
11. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
12. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A barge.
(b) A carrier.
(c) A schooner.
(d) A yacht.
13. What is the black man injured with while working with Morgan?
(a) A gun.
(b) A piece of coral.
(c) A knife.
(d) A club.
14. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They find another boat.
(c) They kill themselves.
(d) They are arrested.
15. Why does Morgan decide not to kill Eddy?
(a) He needs a helper.
(b) His name is on the passenger list.
(c) He cannot navigate by himself.
(d) He trusts Eddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
2. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
3. How much does Morgan pay Eddy for every day of assistance?
4. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
5. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)