|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
2. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
(a) The Southern Key.
(b) Garrison Bright.
(c) Houchin's Bay.
(d) Falltham's Harbor.
3. How much money is in Morgan's pocket when Johnson breaks his contract?
(a) 4 cents.
(b) 4 dollars.
(c) 40 cents.
(d) 40 dollars.
4. What is Harrison's occupation?
(b) Police Officer.
(c) Border Patrol Man.
(d) Administration Representative.
5. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
(c) All of these.
6. What does the black man think will be more painful than his initial wound?
(a) The medical attention.
(b) The healing process.
(c) Going to jail.
(d) Finding work while wounded.
7. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(b) Phone calls.
8. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
9. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
(a) He got rich and retired.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was deported.
10. What is the name of the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) The Princess Marie.
(b) The Jolene.
(c) South Florida.
(d) Happy Camper.
11. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
(a) It is too dark.
(b) They are at an uninhabited area.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) There is too much wind.
12. What is the black man's name?
13. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His face.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His shoulder.
14. What does the black man call Morgan after he is injured?
15. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
2. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
3. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
4. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)