|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) There is too much wind.
(c) They are at an uninhabited area.
(d) It is too dark.
2. What does Morgan say kept Sing from being a good businessman?
(a) He was too trusting.
(b) He took too many risks.
(c) He did not pay enough.
(d) He paid too much.
3. Where does Mr. Sing want Morgan to take some men?
4. What does Eddy find on the boat before falling asleep after Sing is killed?
(a) Some booze.
(b) A life saver.
5. What is Morgan heading for at Sand Key?
(a) The drop-off point.
(b) The cantina.
(c) The harbor.
(d) The lighthouse.
6. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dominican Republic.
7. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(c) Phone calls.
8. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A carrier.
(b) A barge.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A schooner.
9. What is the black man injured with while working with Morgan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A club.
(c) A piece of coral.
(d) A gun.
10. Who is at fault for the broken contract of the charter?
(b) The black man.
11. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
12. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A sting ray.
(c) A marlin.
(d) A barracuda.
13. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(b) Someone was not paid off.
(c) Morgan was late.
(d) They saw the black man.
14. Why does Johnson not use Morgan for the full chartered time?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is fed up.
(c) His wife found him.
(d) He has urgent business.
15. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
(a) When the plane takes off.
(b) When he sees a note from Johnson.
(c) When he hears the sirens at the hotel.
(d) When 5:00 comes and goes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan furnish for Johnson when he charters the boat?
2. Who kills Mr. Sing?
3. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
4. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
5. How is Mr. Sing killed?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)