|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
2. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
(a) A rendezvous.
(b) Medical attention.
(c) A bank.
(d) A good meal.
3. What does the black man think will be more painful than his initial wound?
(a) Finding work while wounded.
(b) The medical attention.
(c) Going to jail.
(d) The healing process.
4. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) A bird call.
(b) Three shots of a flare gun.
(c) A red lantern.
(d) Two flashes of light.
5. How is Mr. Sing killed?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) His neck is snapped.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is stabbed.
6. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A schooner.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A barge.
(d) A carrier.
7. Where is Morgan when he is injured?
(a) Santa Dominga.
(b) Santa Maria.
8. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(d) Dominican Republic.
9. What is the black man injured with while working with Morgan?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A club.
(d) A piece of coral.
10. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
(a) His leg.
(b) His face.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His stomach.
11. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(a) Sacks of liquor.
(b) Outlawed guns.
12. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(d) The black man.
13. What is the name of the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) The Princess Marie.
(b) Happy Camper.
(c) The Jolene.
(d) South Florida.
14. Who is at fault for the broken contract of the charter?
(c) The black man.
15. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
2. When does Johnson say he will settle with Morgan for the remainder of his chartered time?
3. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
4. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
5. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)