|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was deported.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He got rich and retired.
2. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
3. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
(b) All of these.
5. What is the name of the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) Happy Camper.
(b) The Jolene.
(c) The Princess Marie.
(d) South Florida.
6. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(b) Morgan was late.
(c) They saw the black man.
(d) Someone was not paid off.
7. How is Mr. Sing killed?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) His neck is snapped.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is shot.
8. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
(a) A wallaby.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
9. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
(a) The black man.
10. What does Mr. Sing do when Morgan grabs him?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Bites him.
(d) Stabs him.
11. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
12. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(a) Sacks of liquor.
(c) Outlawed guns.
13. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
(a) Palm strands.
(b) A rocky beach.
(d) A coral reef.
14. What is Morgan's first name?
15. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Not taking the immigrants.
(b) Making fun of Johnson.
(c) Coming back to the dock.
(d) Trusting a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
2. Who tries to cheer Morgan up after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
3. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
4. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
5. What is Bacuranao?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)