|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
(a) When 5:00 comes and goes.
(b) When the plane takes off.
(c) When he hears the sirens at the hotel.
(d) When he sees a note from Johnson.
2. How does Eddy describe Morgan's cost to settle with Johnson?
3. What are the passengers doing on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(d) Taking photographs.
4. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) Three shots of a flare gun.
(b) A red lantern.
(c) Two flashes of light.
(d) A bird call.
5. Where is Morgan at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dominican Republic.
6. What would happen to Morgan if he were caught smuggling immigrants?
(a) He would lose his boat.
(b) He would be fined.
(c) He would get jail time.
(d) All of these.
7. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His face.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
8. What is Morgan afraid the immigrants will do to his boat?
(a) Stain it.
(b) Damage the woodwork.
(c) Stink it up.
(d) Mark it as a santuary.
9. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
(a) A champ.
(b) A chink.
(c) A chump.
(d) A chall.
10. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(b) Morgan was late.
(c) Someone was not paid off.
(d) They saw the black man.
11. What is Bacuranao?
(a) An island.
(b) A dock.
(c) A beach.
(d) A bar.
12. How long has Mr. Sing been in business when he hires Morgan?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
13. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To have better vision.
(b) To show his finesse.
(c) To feel more capable.
(d) To get comfortable.
14. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
(a) Crossing alone.
(b) Being late.
(c) Hitting the drop-off.
(d) Meeting with officials.
15. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
(a) A marlin.
(b) A sting ray.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A barracuda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the black man call Morgan after he is injured?
2. What did Eddy sneak aboard Morgan's boat with when he left for his first job for Mr. Sing?
3. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
4. What is Morgan heading for at Sand Key?
5. Where has Johnson asked his chartered boat to go?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)