|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(c) Dominican Republic.
2. Where does Mr. Sing want Morgan to take some men?
3. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
(a) Turned in his new boss for a plea deal.
(b) Fought back more fiercely.
(c) Put his boat at full-speed.
(d) Given up the contraband.
4. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(a) Sacks of liquor.
(d) Outlawed guns.
5. What is the signal from Mr. Sing to come in to shore?
(a) A bird call.
(b) A red lantern.
(c) Three shots of a flare gun.
(d) Two flashes of light.
6. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
7. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His face.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His leg.
8. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
9. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
(a) The smell of booze.
(b) Wallace's screams.
(c) His lost blood.
(d) The darkness.
10. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Coming back to the dock.
(b) Making fun of Johnson.
(c) Not taking the immigrants.
(d) Trusting a stranger.
11. What does the black man think will be more painful than his initial wound?
(a) The medical attention.
(b) Finding work while wounded.
(c) The healing process.
(d) Going to jail.
12. Where is Morgan injured while working with the black man?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His face.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
13. Who kills Mr. Sing?
14. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
(a) A chall.
(b) A champ.
(c) A chump.
(d) A chink.
15. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They find another boat.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They kill themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan anchor his boat among when he gets to Woman Key?
2. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
3. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
4. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
5. What is the black man's name?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)