|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Johnson charter a boat?
(a) To travel.
(b) To smuggle immigrants.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To have an affair.
2. Why does Johnson not use Morgan for the full chartered time?
(a) He is fed up.
(b) He has urgent business.
(c) He is injured.
(d) His wife found him.
3. When does Johnson say he will settle with Morgan for the remainder of his chartered time?
(a) After the bank opens.
(b) After his Marlin is weighed.
(c) When he gets his next check.
(d) When they dock.
4. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
(a) Wallace's screams.
(b) His lost blood.
(c) The smell of booze.
(d) The darkness.
5. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
(a) When 5:00 comes and goes.
(b) When the plane takes off.
(c) When he hears the sirens at the hotel.
(d) When he sees a note from Johnson.
6. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
7. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) The helm.
(c) A jib.
(d) A bottle of water.
8. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To have better vision.
(b) To get comfortable.
(c) To show his finesse.
(d) To feel more capable.
9. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
10. What does Morgan do with Mr. Sing's dead body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Leaves it on the shore.
(c) Sinks it.
(d) Burns it.
11. Where has Johnson asked his chartered boat to go?
(a) The Coast of Tortugas.
(b) The Jamaican Bay.
(c) The Florida Keys.
(d) The Gulf of Mexico.
12. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
(a) A rendezvous.
(b) A good meal.
(c) A bank.
(d) Medical attention.
13. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
(a) $40 a month.
(b) $4 a day.
(c) $40 a week.
(d) $40 a day.
14. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. What is Harrison's occupation?
(b) Border Patrol Man.
(c) Police Officer.
(d) Administration Representative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
2. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
3. Who is at fault for the broken contract of the charter?
4. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
5. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)