|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
(a) His face.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His shoulder.
2. What is Harrison's occupation?
(b) Border Patrol Man.
(c) Administration Representative.
(d) Police Officer.
3. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To show his finesse.
(b) To feel more capable.
(c) To get comfortable.
(d) To have better vision.
4. What does the black man think Morgan should have done when they were apprehended?
(a) Fought back more fiercely.
(b) Put his boat at full-speed.
(c) Given up the contraband.
(d) Turned in his new boss for a plea deal.
5. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
6. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was deported.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He got rich and retired.
7. How does Morgan describe Johnson's style?
8. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
9. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A schooner.
(b) A barge.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A carrier.
10. What is the name of the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) The Princess Marie.
(b) South Florida.
(c) The Jolene.
(d) Happy Camper.
11. How much money is in Morgan's pocket when Johnson breaks his contract?
(a) 40 dollars.
(b) 40 cents.
(c) 4 cents.
(d) 4 dollars.
12. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(c) Phone calls.
13. What does Sing give to Morgan just before he is killed?
(a) A contract.
(b) A map.
(c) A false ID.
(d) A wad of money.
14. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
15. What happens shortly after Morgan refuses to smuggle immigrants at the beginning of the book?
(a) They find another boat.
(b) They kill themselves.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
2. What does the black man think will be more painful than his initial wound?
3. What does Mr. Sing do when Morgan grabs him?
4. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
5. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)