|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddy say he was never accused of being, after Sing is killed?
(a) An honest man.
(b) An ally.
(c) A squealer.
(d) A murderer.
2. What does Morgan say about really giant fish?
(a) They are trophies in and of themselves.
(b) They are not enjoyable.
(c) They deserve to be left alone.
(d) They are not worth the fight.
3. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
4. What hits Johnson in the belly on his first day of his chartered boat time?
(a) A jib.
(b) The helm.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) A fishing rod.
5. Where do immigrants want Morgan to take them at the beginning of the book?
(b) Dominican Republic.
6. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His face.
7. Where has Johnson asked his chartered boat to go?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) The Jamaican Bay.
(c) The Florida Keys.
(d) The Coast of Tortugas.
8. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
9. How long did Johnson charter a boat for?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
10. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
(b) The black man.
11. What does Morgan regret doing after Johnson is confirmed as having fled?
(a) Making fun of Johnson.
(b) Trusting a stranger.
(c) Coming back to the dock.
(d) Not taking the immigrants.
12. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone was not paid off.
(b) Someone tipped off the authorities.
(c) Morgan was late.
(d) They saw the black man.
13. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To get comfortable.
(b) To feel more capable.
(c) To show his finesse.
(d) To have better vision.
14. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(b) Sacks of liquor.
(d) Outlawed guns.
15. How much does each sack weigh that is thrown overboard at Woman Key?
(a) 140 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
2. What kind of fish breaks a line on the first day of Johnson's charter?
3. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
4. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
5. What happened to the previous captain who worked for Mr. Sing?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)