|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Frankie tell Morgan is the most dangerous part of working for Mr. Sing?
(a) Being late.
(b) Crossing alone.
(c) Meeting with officials.
(d) Hitting the drop-off.
3. What animal does Morgan compare Wing to when he bounces?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wallaby.
(d) A dolphin.
4. What is Bacuranao?
(a) A dock.
(b) A beach.
(c) A bar.
(d) An island.
5. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
6. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
7. Why is the black man sure no one will be looking for them at Woman Key?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too dark.
(c) They are at an uninhabited area.
(d) There is too much wind.
8. Where does Morgan go after his stop in Woman Key?
(a) Houchin's Bay.
(b) Falltham's Harbor.
(c) The Southern Key.
(d) Garrison Bright.
9. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
10. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
11. What is Morgan injured with while working with the black man?
(a) A piece of coral.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A club.
12. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
13. What does Morgan forbid the Chinese passengers to take with them?
(a) All of these.
14. How much money is in Morgan's pocket when Johnson breaks his contract?
(a) 4 dollars.
(b) 40 dollars.
(c) 40 cents.
(d) 4 cents.
15. What is Harrison's occupation?
(a) Border Patrol Man.
(b) Police Officer.
(d) Administration Representative.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Morgan know he will not be paid his settlement?
2. Where is the black man injured while working with Morgan?
3. When does Johnson say he will settle with Morgan for the remainder of his chartered time?
4. Who kills Mr. Sing?
5. Where is Morgan when he is injured?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)