|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan say kept Sing from being a good businessman?
(a) He took too many risks.
(b) He did not pay enough.
(c) He was too trusting.
(d) He paid too much.
2. How much does Morgan tell Johnson he will charge for the rod and reel?
3. When does Johnson say he will settle with Morgan for the remainder of his chartered time?
(a) When he gets his next check.
(b) After his Marlin is weighed.
(c) After the bank opens.
(d) When they dock.
4. What is Morgan seeking at his stop after Woman Key?
(a) A bank.
(b) Medical attention.
(c) A rendezvous.
(d) A good meal.
5. What is Harrison's occupation?
(a) Administration Representative.
(b) Police Officer.
(c) Border Patrol Man.
6. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To show his finesse.
(b) To feel more capable.
(c) To have better vision.
(d) To get comfortable.
7. What does Sing give to Morgan just before he is killed?
(a) A map.
(b) A false ID.
(c) A contract.
(d) A wad of money.
8. Where has Johnson asked his chartered boat to go?
(a) The Coast of Tortugas.
(b) The Jamaican Bay.
(c) The Florida Keys.
(d) The Gulf of Mexico.
9. What did Eddy sneak aboard Morgan's boat with when he left for his first job for Mr. Sing?
10. Why does Morgan decide not to kill Eddy?
(a) His name is on the passenger list.
(b) He trusts Eddy.
(c) He needs a helper.
(d) He cannot navigate by himself.
11. What is Morgan afraid the immigrants will do to his boat?
(a) Stink it up.
(b) Damage the woodwork.
(c) Mark it as a santuary.
(d) Stain it.
12. What does Morgan do to hide the black man when a boat floats by them at Woman Key?
(a) Sits on him.
(b) Locks him below.
(c) Throws a life preserver over him.
(d) Covers him with a blanket.
13. How much does Johnson pay the black man after his first day on the chartered boat?
14. What is the name of the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
(a) Happy Camper.
(b) South Florida.
(c) The Jolene.
(d) The Princess Marie.
15. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A carrier.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A barge.
(d) A yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Morgan injured with while working with the black man?
2. How many men does Mr. Sing want Morgan to smuggle?
3. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
4. What is the name of the captain who sees Morgan at Woman Key?
5. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)