|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Mr. Sing?
2. What did Eddy sneak aboard Morgan's boat with when he left for his first job for Mr. Sing?
3. What is dizzying to Morgan when he pulls into Woman Key?
(a) The smell of booze.
(b) Wallace's screams.
(c) The darkness.
(d) His lost blood.
4. What is Morgan injured with while working with the black man?
(a) A knife.
(b) A club.
(c) A piece of coral.
(d) A gun.
5. Why does Morgan think he was injured?
(a) Someone was not paid off.
(b) They saw the black man.
(c) Morgan was late.
(d) Someone tipped off the authorities.
6. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
(a) Ask him to work for him again.
(b) Keep him from killing the immigrants.
(c) Withhold his earned money.
(d) Turn him in.
7. What kind of boat is supposed to meet Morgan to pick up the men he is to smuggle for Mr. Sing?
(a) A barge.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A yacht.
(d) A carrier.
8. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To have better vision.
(b) To show his finesse.
(c) To get comfortable.
(d) To feel more capable.
9. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
(a) A Chinese immigrant.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) An American.
(d) A Spanish Lord.
10. What is Morgan supposed to transfer at Woman Key?
(c) Sacks of liquor.
(d) Outlawed guns.
11. How many immigrants need Morgan to smuggle them at the beginning of the book?
12. How much per immigrant is offered to Morgan at the beginning of the book?
13. Why did Johnson charter a boat?
(a) To travel.
(b) To have an affair.
(c) To smuggle immigrants.
(d) To go fishing.
14. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
(d) Phone calls.
15. What does Morgan do with Mr. Sing's dead body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Sinks it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Leaves it on the shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers are on the boat that drives by Morgan at Woman Key?
2. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
3. Where is Morgan when he is injured?
4. How many guns did Morgan take with him on his first job for Mr. Sing?
5. How much money per man does Mr. Sing offer Morgan for his services?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)