|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Morgan afraid Sing will do to him?
(a) Keep him from killing the immigrants.
(b) Withhold his earned money.
(c) Ask him to work for him again.
(d) Turn him in.
2. What does Eddy say he was never accused of being, after Sing is killed?
(a) A murderer.
(b) An honest man.
(c) A squealer.
(d) An ally.
3. What is Frankie paid to deliver the item that he gives to Morgan before he casts off?
4. What does Frankie call Mr. Sing?
(a) A chink.
(b) A champ.
(c) A chall.
(d) A chump.
5. Why does Johnson remove his harness?
(a) To show his finesse.
(b) To get comfortable.
(c) To have better vision.
(d) To feel more capable.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, what does Morgan say his cargo will never do?
2. What does the black man on the boat spend his daily stipend on every night?
3. What does Morgan say Mr. Sing sounds like to him?
4. How much does Morgan offer to pay Eddy after he decides not to kill him?
5. Who agrees with Morgan's statement about really big fish?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)