Part 1, Chapter 1
* 3 wealthy immigrants beg Morgan to smuggle them to Florida. Morgan refuses, and then watches as they get gunned down.
* Johnson has chartered Morgan's boat for 3 weeks of fishing. Morgan has Eddy help for $4 a day, and a black man arranges the bait.
* Johnson has a bad day of fishing, as it is not what he expected. The first marlin breaks the line.
* The second marlin is too big for him to handle, especially after he undoes the harness against Morgan's advice. The fish takes the rod and reel.
* Johnson is done after the first day and promises to settle the money with Morgan when the banks open the next day. He skips town instead.
* Morgan kicks himself for not smuggling the immigrants in. He is completely broke and has few prospects of work at the time.
Part 1, Chapters 2-5
* Frankie introduces Morgan to Sing, a Chinese...
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)