|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a literary plot?
2. How many inches of snow cover the furrow of the last runners on the old sled-trail in Part II?
3. What does the protagonist chew as he travels in the narrative?
(a) Manzanita leaves
4. What does the protagonist do once the fire is a success and he remembers the advice of the old-timer in Part IV?
(a) He scowls
(b) He laughs
(c) He smiles
(d) He cries
5. What kind of socks does the protagonist wear in Part IV?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is portrayed as the antagonist in To Build a Fire?
2. What of the protagonist’s “ebbed away and sank down into the recesses of his body” in Part IV?
3. Which word from Part IV means to be grateful or thankful?
4. What time is it in the beginning of To Build a Fire?
5. What does the protagonist drop in the snow as he attempts to build his second fire in Part V?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)