|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protagonist experiences a pang of regret that he had not devised what object that Bud wears in cold snaps in Part II?
(a) A hat with flaps
(b) A nose-strap
(c) A musk ox mask
(d) Caribou pants
2. The dog goes to find what in the end of the story?
(a) A new owner in town
(b) Shelter in the forest
(c) Other food-providers and fire-providers
(d) The companionship of other dogs
3. When the protagonist’s first fire is extinguished and he decides to build a second in Part V, he realizes that he will probably lose what?
(a) Both legs
(b) An arm
(c) Some toes
(d) One foot
4. What does the dog do when it has ice formed between its toes from falling into the water in Part II?
(a) Tries to chew the ice out
(b) Licks its legs
(c) Runs away
(d) Curls into a ball
5. How does the ending of the earlier version of To Build a Firediffer from the later and more popularized version?
(a) Bob arrives
(b) The protagonist lives
(c) The dog dies
(d) The old-timer shows up
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jack London born?
2. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads south how many miles to the Chilcoot Pass?
3. Which word from Part V means adequate for the purpose?
4. The protagonist thinks to himself as he dies in Part VI, “When he got back to the States he could tell the folks” what?
5. What is the principle form of conflict faced by the protagonist in To Build a Fire?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)