|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old-timer doing when the protagonist envisions him as he dies in Part VI?
(a) Reading a book
(b) Hunting moose
(c) Panning for gold
(d) Smoking a pipe
2. Which word from Part V means skillful or artful management?
3. What does the protagonist do once he reaches the forks of the creek in Part II?
(a) Goes fishing
(b) Sets a lynx trap
(c) Stops to eat lunch
(d) Sets a beaver trap
4. Which of the following is a central theme in To Build a Fire?
(d) Unrequited love
5. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads north 70 miles to what location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word used to describe the protagonist in Part V means having or showing little or no emotion?
2. According to the narrator in Part IV, “The old-timer had been very serious in laying down the law that no man must travel alone in the Klondike after” what?
3. What is portrayed as the antagonist in To Build a Fire?
4. What does the protagonist intend on rubbing his feet with in Part IV?
5. The protagonist thinks to himself as he dies in Part VI, “When he got back to the States he could tell the folks” what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)