|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After departing from his lunch break, the protagonist sees no signs of springs for how long?
(a) 10 minutes
(b) 30 minutes
(c) 3 hours
(d) 1 hours
2. What does the protagonist begin to do after panicking in Part VI?
(a) Crawl into a cave
(b) Yell for help
(c) Kill the dog
(d) Run along the trail
3. What is contained in the biscuits that the protagonist carries with him for lunch?
4. Which word from Part V refers to any of the main branches of a tree?
5. Which of the following stylistic elements is used throughout To Build a Fire?
(a) Biblical allusion
(d) Literary allusion
Short Answer Questions
1. The scent of what makes the dog back away and bristle in the end of Part VI?
2. The protagonist is bound for an old claim on the left fork of what in To Build a Fire?
3. Which word from Part IV means the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors?
4. The protagonist begins by feeding the fire with twigs the size of what in Part IV?
5. What is the ability of an organism to keep its body temperature within certain boundaries, even when the surrounding temperature is very different?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)