|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature, according to the narrator in Part II?
(a) Negative 75 degrees
(b) 20 degrees
(c) 5 degrees
(d) Negative 10 degrees
2. Which word from Part IV means to be grateful or thankful?
3. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads south how many miles to the Chilcoot Pass?
4. At what pace has the protagonist been making his journey when he looks at his watch at 10:00 a.m. in Part II?
(a) 7 miles per hour
(b) 2 miles per hour
(c) 1 mile per hour
(d) 4 miles per hour
5. After departing from eating his lunch, the protagonist travels along which body of water?
(a) Henderson Creek
(b) Boulder Creek
(c) Sulphur Creek
(d) Tenaya Creek
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack London's mother was the fifth and youngest child of what Pennsylvania Canal builder?
2. What is the point of view for the narrative of To Build a Fire?
3. In what year did Jack London die?
4. In literature, what refers to the struggle occurring within a character's mind?
5. What does the protagonist use to ignite his fire in Part III?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)