|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what pace has the protagonist been making his journey when he looks at his watch at 10:00 a.m. in Part II?
(a) 2 miles per hour
(b) 7 miles per hour
(c) 4 miles per hour
(d) 1 mile per hour
2. The protagonist had been out in how many cold snaps before, according to the narrator in Part II?
3. The narrator claims that the “trouble with him” is that he is without what in Part I?
4. The protagonist anticipates arriving to meet the boys at the campsite by what time in Part I?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 8:30 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
5. What is significant about the protagonist’s spittle crackling in Part I?
(a) It is blue
(b) It cracks mid-air
(c) It doesn’t leave his lips
(d) It doesn’t melt
Short Answer Questions
1. St. Michael is described as being located by what body of water in Part I?
2. The only supply the protagonist is carrying with him on his journey is what?
3. When did a man from Sulphur Creek tell the protagonist about the dangers of being wet in the cold?
4. The protagonist turns aside from what main trail to climb the high earth-bank to a “dim and little-traveled trail” in Part I?
5. What is the principle form of conflict faced by the protagonist in To Build a Fire?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)