|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator claims that the “trouble with him” is that he is without what in Part I?
2. What of the protagonist’s “ebbed away and sank down into the recesses of his body” in Part IV?
(a) His warmth
(b) His spirit
(c) His blood
(d) His thoughts
3. The only supply the protagonist is carrying with him on his journey is what?
(a) His lunch
(b) A sled
(c) A handgun
(d) A rifle
4. Which word from Part III refers to something that threatens to cause evil, harm or injury?
5. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
(a) Henderson Creek country
(b) Johnson Creek country
(c) Alberts Creek country
(d) Indian Creek country
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the protagonist’s beard and moustache?
2. What is contained in the biscuits that the protagonist carries with him for lunch?
3. Naturalism was a literary movement that emerged in what decade?
4. In literature, what refers to an incompatibility in how two or more individuals relate to one another?
5. What does the protagonist realize he’s forgotten to do when he stops to eat his lunch in Part III?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)