|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the protagonist reaches the top of the steep bank on the little-traveled trail in Part I, he stops to catch his breath and excuses the action by doing what?
(a) Listening for a sound
(b) Eating his lunch
(c) Looking at his watch
(d) Petting the dog
2. Which word from Part III refers to something that threatens to cause evil, harm or injury?
3. Which word from Part III means anticipation of adversity or misfortune?
4. What does the dog do when it has ice formed between its toes from falling into the water in Part II?
(a) Curls into a ball
(b) Licks its legs
(c) Runs away
(d) Tries to chew the ice out
5. What does the protagonist do in order to regain feeling in his feet in Part III?
(a) Gets the dog to lay on them
(b) Stamps up and down
(c) Pours warm water over them
(d) Puts his shoes on
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Part II that given that the freezing-point is 32 degrees above zero, the degrees of frost obtained as the protagonist travels is what?
2. What color are the protagonist’s beard and moustache?
3. The protagonist steps through the ice and wets himself how high in Part IV?
4. Which of the following is a central theme in To Build a Fire?
5. The narrator states in Part III that “there was no keen” what “between the dog and the man”?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)