|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In literature, what are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect?
2. On top of the ice of the Yukon is how many feet of snow, according to the narrator in Part I?
3. What refers to an obstacle located outside the protagonist, including nature, the supernatural, or society?
(a) Internal conflict
(b) External conflict
(d) Relational conflict
4. Which word from Part III means anticipation of adversity or misfortune?
5. After departing from eating his lunch, the protagonist travels along which body of water?
(a) Boulder Creek
(b) Tenaya Creek
(c) Henderson Creek
(d) Sulphur Creek
Short Answer Questions
1. In literature, what refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
2. According to the narrator in Part I, “It was a clear day, and yet there seemed an intangible” what “over the face of things”?
3. The narrator says of the protagonist in Part II, “He was not much given to thinking, and just then particularly he had nothing to think about save that he would eat lunch” where?
4. The narrator states in Part III that “there was no keen” what “between the dog and the man”?
5. What is significant about the protagonist’s spittle crackling in Part I?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)