|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist do after finishing his lunch in Part III?
(a) Lights a pipe
(b) Takes a nap
(c) Watches the clouds
(d) Drinks some whiskey
2. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads south how many miles to the Chilcoot Pass?
3. The narrator claims in Part I that fifty degrees below zero means what degrees of frost?
4. The narrator states in Part II that given that the freezing-point is 32 degrees above zero, the degrees of frost obtained as the protagonist travels is what?
(a) 40 degrees
(b) 88 degrees
(c) 62 degrees
(d) 107 degrees
5. When the protagonist reaches Henderson Creek in Part II, he knows he is how far from the forks?
(a) 2 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 17 miles
(d) 4 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jack London born?
2. In literature, what refers to the struggle occurring within a character's mind?
3. What time is it in the beginning of To Build a Fire?
4. Where did Jack London’s family settle in 1886?
5. The Yukon lay hidden under how many feet of ice, according to the narrator in Part I?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)