|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is 1,000 miles north along the “dark hair-line” of the main trail visible in Part I?
(c) Beaver Creek
2. The day is described as having broken exceedingly how in the opening of To Build a Fire?
(a) Sunny and warm
(b) Misty and wet
(c) Cold and gray
(d) Cloudy and miserable
3. The narrator states in Part I, “North and south, as far as his eye could see, it was unbroken” what?
4. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
5. When did the Klondike Gold Rush begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is contained in the biscuits that the protagonist carries with him for lunch?
2. What does the protagonist realize he’s forgotten to do when he stops to eat his lunch in Part III?
3. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
4. What does the protagonist do in order to regain feeling in his feet in Part III?
5. The protagonist is described in Part I as being “quick and alert in the things of life, but only in the things, and not in” what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)