|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the protagonist reaches the top of the steep bank on the little-traveled trail in Part I, he stops to catch his breath and excuses the action by doing what?
(a) Looking at his watch
(b) Eating his lunch
(c) Listening for a sound
(d) Petting the dog
2. How many inches of snow cover the furrow of the last runners on the old sled-trail in Part II?
3. The narrator claims in Part I that fifty degrees below zero means what degrees of frost?
4. What is significant about the protagonist’s spittle crackling in Part I?
(a) It is blue
(b) It cracks mid-air
(c) It doesn’t melt
(d) It doesn’t leave his lips
5. The narrator states in Part I that the protagonist is used to the lack of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Yukon lay hidden under how many feet of ice, according to the narrator in Part I?
2. What does the narrator say depresses the dog that travels with the protagonist in Part II?
3. What time is it in the beginning of To Build a Fire?
4. The protagonist turns aside from what main trail to climb the high earth-bank to a “dim and little-traveled trail” in Part I?
5. What refers to related series of incidents in a literary plot that build toward the point of greatest interest?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)