|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog travels with the protagonist?
(a) Burmese Mountain Dog
(b) German Shepherd
2. The protagonist shoves the dog in order to make it do what in Part II?
(a) Walk behind him
(b) Lay down
(d) Walk ahead of him
3. The protagonist experiences a pang of regret that he had not devised what object that Bud wears in cold snaps in Part II?
(a) A nose-strap
(b) A musk ox mask
(c) Caribou pants
(d) A hat with flaps
4. The protagonist is described in Part I as being “quick and alert in the things of life, but only in the things, and not in” what?
(a) The lessons
(b) The actions
(c) The significances
(d) The beauty
5. The narrator claims that the “trouble with him” is that he is without what in Part I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the protagonist’s beard and moustache?
2. The protagonist had been out in how many cold snaps before, according to the narrator in Part II?
3. In literature, what are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect?
4. At what time exactly does the protagonist arrive at the forks of the creek in Part II?
5. Jack London's mother was the fifth and youngest child of what Pennsylvania Canal builder?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)